Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any1 in hea running their b-series with t3/t4 turbo from rev hard or drag gen3? im lookin forward to purchase a turbo kits, but just wondering what kind of mileage my car would get after installin the kit? from what i heard, the t3/t4 runs about 13 mpg average...any1 have experience about this?

· Registered
4 Posts
i disagree...

the t3/to4e is the perfect turbo for a b-series honda motor. it has so many options to help eliminate lag. if you are looking for lower boost levels and fast spooling, i would suggest the .48 a/r turbine and 60 trim .60 a/r compressor t3/to4e. this turbo will be able to boost anywhere from 1 to 18 lbs of boost no problem and is very fast spooling.
most of the kits on the market are coming with the .63 a/r turbine, which is a little larger, not as fast spooling, but has great top end power and is capable of higher boost levels..basically..:)

· Registered
17 Posts
My first turbo was a .50/.48 and I had full boost around 2700rpm on my 1.8. That turbo was great for low boost and hella fun on the street. Never had to downshift to pass or anything. I was able to run a [email protected] at 7-8psi with that. I jumped to a larger 60-1 and don't get full boost until 4500 or so but the top end is just amazing. My tq doesn't even think about falling off even at 8300rpm.

· Registered
936 Posts
GreekSpeed said:
t3/t4 is too big to be running low boost (6-9 psi)........ unless u are planning on upgrading pistons and rods... there is no need for that big of turbo with that slow of spool up.
that is the perfect size for a b-series motor. The lag won't be that bad either. If I got full boost at about 4-4.5k rpm on my lil 1.5L then that b-series should spool up a lil sooner than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.