Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lookin at a lot of setups done for the lude ... and Im wondering wat turbo there is for my car .. i kno the drag 2 is out there and the f max...but ive been seein like custom turbonetics and all this stuff...so tell me wassup and how and where i can get it...if its hard to install ...

·
Registered
511 Posts
i emailed greddy and they said the release date for thier kit for the h22 is this summer, which in my opinion is the best, for street applications, for drag go with f-max or drag. but the greddy kits are carb legal, and fit and finish on thier kits are great.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hm. It uses the same turbo as the one in the GSR turbo kit. I would think they'd use a bigger turbo for a bigger motor. For 3500 i think if i were going turbo i'd get a rev hard or a DRAG kit.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Fstyles said:
i emailed greddy and they said the release date for thier kit for the h22 is this summer, which in my opinion is the best, for street applications, for drag go with f-max or drag. but the greddy kits are carb legal, and fit and finish on thier kits are great.
why would he care if its carb legal or not ? :) he live in texas, :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
see thats fucked up, i wish jersey wasnt so strict about emmisions, they could fail you for headers and exhuast here. while in texas you could run a straight down pipe w/ external wastegate and have no problem.... just venting

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAha....im luckier than most peeps...ma dad owns a body and engine repair shop....hes also doin state inspection....ne one live in the dallas ft worth metroplex..leave a post and we'll inspect it your car thoroughly ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
CUSTOM.... UMMM....

Sorry I've been drooling all the custom stuff. I agree with TrboH22 Custom is the way to go. I love my setup, and I don't have to worry about the downpipes not fitting, or battery relocation, or any of that other garbage.

I only pay once. Instead of having to pay to fix the parts in the kit that don't fit. And guys trust me on that... I have yet to see a "bolt on kit" that bolts right on. haha. And if you price things out well, you can get your setup cheaper too! It's just a lot more work thats all.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes, we have a intake manifold for the H22 coming out in mid-late summer. Depending how much you boost, it is still great for FI. I'd say its good to 15psi of boost with no low end loss associaited with big sheetmetal intake manifolds (before fullboost kicks in).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts