Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I drove my car to Omaha to visit a friend. It's been freakin cold here in the midwest so I figure that may be why. The tach accels fine till about 3k then starts wobbling back and forth and only get weirder as the vtec engages. decel is the same way only it wobbles all the way till 25-3k and then is ok. Have I knocked something loose or is it because it's cold or is it because the car is just gettin old? Please help! it's got 121k miles but it is in near perfect condition and I take care of it like it was brand new every day.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
So your car is acting normal, it is just your tach that is going crazy?

· Registered
72 Posts
Have you rev your car hard and let it redline for a while, like doingo burnouts?...if so you may want to buy a new module, for the ignition, this thing happened to me, don't buy a used one, the used one will damage easily, and change it before it gets worst, because when it stops working youre engine will shut down and wont wont start untill you cahnge it!:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.