Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 90' Civic HB (Base model)not to long ago but it doesn't have a Tach! So I figured if I got an instrument panel from an Si then it would all work out! except for the tach how would I hook the Tach up?

Would I have to get a whole new ECU? I was told that with my current ECU it should still have the Signal for a Tach!
I am Greatly confused!

Please help me out!
Thanks!

·
Registered
398 Posts
hey man if you give me a day i can get a wiring diagram for you and let you know which wire the tach wire is. i work at best buy and because you do remote start installs...(if anyone needs one done in md let me know....hehe) we use the tach to access voltage to start the thing up. so let me get back to you on what wire it is. peace.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ok heres the deal...you need to run a wire from the tach on the cluster to the engine bay. the tach wire is a blue wire right next to the distributer cap on the left side of the block. it should be a black thing with wires comin out of it(if you didn't know) and there should be a baby gray plug around there. look for the one with the blue wire attached and splice into. WALLAH you know have tach. good luck. peace and love.

bfox

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah i got a 95 civic DX with an si engine and i was woundering how hook up my tach for it............

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Fresh said:
Yeah i got a 95 civic DX with an si engine and i was woundering how hook up my tach for it............
if its a EX/Si cluster, the connections will just plug right in, the wires are there in the Cx/Dx, u just need to plug em in.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ya it simple to hook up a tach i had one but some bastard stole it from me, but anyways it took me like 15 mins

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.