Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 civic hatchback cx. i recently replaced it with a 98 ex guage cluster and the tachometer is not working. i then put it in a friend of mines who has a 99 civic hatchback dx and the tachometer works. i think it might be some wiring that is loose or has come off, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
yangridaz said:
i have a 99 civic hatchback cx. i recently replaced it with a 98 ex guage cluster and the tachometer is not working. i then put it in a friend of mines who has a 99 civic hatchback dx and the tachometer works. i think it might be some wiring that is loose or has come off, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
yea that would be the problem...if you know ur wiring might be loose or came off. why dont you just check it out instead of posting here? :rolleyes

but yea i would inspect to make sure everything is hooked up and make sure u didnt pop ur cluster fuse on accident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
yea that would be the problem...if you know ur wiring might be loose or came off. why dont you just check it out instead of posting here? :rolleyes

but yea i would inspect to make sure everything is hooked up and make sure u didnt pop ur cluster fuse on accident.
everyone is always so quick to be all rude on here, and then when someone has a real question it gets barried in 20 other posts without a single bit of advice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
everyone is always so quick to be all rude on here, and then when someone has a real question it gets barried in 20 other posts without a single bit of advice
its the just the fact some questions are..self explainatory.

kinda like me asking you "hey i just changed my oil and now its leaking oil thr the drain plug...do you think its because i didnt change the washer? my friends doesnt leak because he changed the washer"

ive been on this forum long enough and have helped plenty of people. :hug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
its the just the fact some questions are..self explainatory.

kinda like me asking you "hey i just changed my oil and now its leaking oil thr the drain plug...do you think its because i didnt change the washer? my friends doesnt leak because he changed the washer"

ive been on this forum long enough and have helped plenty of people. :hug
lol...i think he was hoping for some like common issue that would make the tac not work right like a faulty coil or igniter switch, which screwed up mine,fixed it and now i got a blown headgasket....anywho....i hear ya, i have just heard alota people lately jump all over peoples [email protected]!# on here. and ive had em straight tell stories and then admit later after calling me names that well its not for sure kinda stuff,and yeah im not sure now that i think about it stuff. and call me a noob, im 30 and ive been workn on cars since i was 16, mostly domestics, but its kinda funny cus they trully believe im sum dumb 18y/o kid and treat me like it and alota other people who are new on here too and for me its getting really [email protected]#$% old fast, id rather fix my car, drive my car,or clean my car than type on here unless i need info. and isnt there an off topic section for that stuff??? cus there is on the mustang forums, and they will move u if u get off topic or crazy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
lol...i think he was hoping for some like common issue that would make the tac not work right like a faulty coil or igniter switch, which screwed up mine,fixed it and now i got a blown headgasket....anywho....i hear ya, i have just heard alota people lately jump all over peoples [email protected]!# on here. and ive had em straight tell stories and then admit later after calling me names that well its not for sure kinda stuff,and yeah im not sure now that i think about it stuff. and call me a noob, im 30 and ive been workn on cars since i was 16, mostly domestics, but its kinda funny cus they trully believe im sum dumb 18y/o kid and treat me like it and alota other people who are new on here too and for me its getting really [email protected]#$% old fast, id rather fix my car, drive my car,or clean my car than type on here unless i need info. and isnt there an off topic section for that stuff??? cus there is on the mustang forums, and they will move u if u get off topic or crazy
i am the moderator for many parts of this forum...i usualy dont go nazi mod on people here unless i see a bunch of stuff piled up. at times i need to do some cleanup.

well its kinda self explanatory in his situation. there can be a lot of things that can be wrong. but i always recommend to them...if thats the last thing you did then the problem is there. if his old cluster worked fine and he installed a new one and it doesnt work but it works in a friends car. then 99 perccent chance its a power or wiring issue.

since the cluster was plug and play den i would check if maybe he blew the fuse or something. but if he had to rewire the cluster for some reason. then the problem is most likely his wiring
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
well of course, but we dont always think levelheaded, till sumone points it out, anyways can u help me??? i need info on a headgasket, mine blew, and maybe the head is warped too, however its a small air leak into the radiator, lots of airbubbles and its foamy sorta but looks whitE not brown like oil, i also know when i switched intakes the jdm one was coated in carbon, so i geuss sum how exaust was leaking in, so my plan is to scream and yell at the motor place i got it from less than 2 weeks ago and get compinsation and switch my old motors head which isnt warped for sure and put a new headgasket on, but i dont know the little stuff, like bolt lossenig/tightening order and torque and how to get the cam set correctly...i know thats alot to read huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
well of course, but we dont always think levelheaded, till sumone points it out, anyways can u help me??? i need info on a headgasket, mine blew, and maybe the head is warped too, however its a small air leak into the radiator, lots of airbubbles and its foamy sorta but looks whitE not brown like oil, i also know when i switched intakes the jdm one was coated in carbon, so i geuss sum how exaust was leaking in, so my plan is to scream and yell at the motor place i got it from less than 2 weeks ago and get compinsation and switch my old motors head which isnt warped for sure and put a new headgasket on, but i dont know the little stuff, like bolt lossenig/tightening order and torque and how to get the cam set correctly...i know thats alot to read huh?
.

everything i have down in my head i dont have a tutorial online that i know of. if you have experience in a cars. its simple..just start tearing into it. i would suggest getting a haynes manual to get ur timing marks right on and your torque specs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
there might not be marks to match up and then u gota do the whole tdc thing, but the heads are the same but slightly diff so marks may be diff, i can take the old one off mark it and put it back same but its got issues i think, hanyes aint too helpfull on this as usual
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
there might not be marks to match up and then u gota do the whole tdc thing, but the heads are the same but slightly diff so marks may be diff, i can take the old one off mark it and put it back same but its got issues i think, hanyes aint too helpfull on this as usual
either way u have to line up the crank and the head. the head you get will be the same marks if it fits. once you set the head on and the cam is in. just like the head up with the marks on the cam sprocket and the mark on the bottom at the crank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
either way u have to line up the crank and the head. the head you get will be the same marks if it fits. once you set the head on and the cam is in. just like the head up with the marks on the cam sprocket and the mark on the bottom at the crank.
that simple, i did a toyota 22r a while ago and it was a pain, i didnt see no marks and my own marks rubbed away sorta, anyways im gonna look at my old motor and see if i can find em then i think its bed time for my dumb......later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
dont see no marks on crank pulley no place, couple lines marked on cam gear and the letters "UP", its late ill figure it out later, besides the motor place might give me my money back or a replacement zc motor, it is under warranty, but im not paying sum mechanic to tell them its f'd up and i think thats what they want so who knows, sadly if the give me my money im getting a new 5.0 mustang motor, im jaded on hondas at the moment, i got it for gas milage not speed and the old motor still runs too so it can be redone. anyways thanks for being friendly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
dont see no marks on crank pulley no place, couple lines marked on cam gear and the letters "UP", its late ill figure it out later, besides the motor place might give me my money back or a replacement zc motor, it is under warranty, but im not paying sum mechanic to tell them its f'd up and i think thats what they want so who knows, sadly if the give me my money im getting a new 5.0 mustang motor, im jaded on hondas at the moment, i got it for gas milage not speed and the old motor still runs too so it can be redone. anyways thanks for being friendly
the crank itself has a mark on it if you look closely and it lines up with a mark on the block.

the up marks on the cam sprocket faces up and theres marks left and right of it. those marks line up with the head itself.

if u have the book it will be easier to understand than me explaining it

sepaking of mustangs i used to hate doing the chains on those things at the shop. such a dirty job doing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
the crank itself has a mark on it if you look closely and it lines up with a mark on the block.

the up marks on the cam sprocket faces up and theres marks left and right of it. those marks line up with the head itself.

if u have the book it will be easier to understand than me explaining it

sepaking of mustangs i used to hate doing the chains on those things at the shop. such a dirty job doing it.
i sorta lucked out or maybe not, they are replacing my entire motor with another zc sohc, but i gotta pull it and re-inst it, i almost rather do a head, but im think its hard this way but safer,there could be damage to my motor i dont know about.
i love my mustang but i love my hondas gas milage and peppiness!!!greasy timing chains huh??? :) :fear so where did u work at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,271 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
i sorta lucked out or maybe not, they are replacing my entire motor with another zc sohc, but i gotta pull it and re-inst it, i almost rather do a head, but im think its hard this way but safer,there could be damage to my motor i dont know about.
i love my mustang but i love my hondas gas milage and peppiness!!!greasy timing chains huh??? :) :fear so where did u work at?
i worked for 2 independent shops before i decided auto tech wasnt the job i wanted. had my temporary emissions license as well
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top