Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 civic and my brake lights just quite working my taillights and blinkers work and thats it...has anyone els had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this :bash

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
cvcspd97 said:
i have a 97 civic and my brake lights just quite working my taillights and blinkers work and thats it...has anyone els had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this :bash
check the fuses to all the tail light components. then if they are all good, just replace the bulbs....they are two filament bulbs, one may be blown.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fuses were fine i changed the brake light switch and all four bulbs and absolutely nothing...i have tail lights and blinkers and reverse lights but no f'n brake lights

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
cvcspd97 said:
the fuses were fine i changed the brake light switch and all four bulbs and absolutely nothing...i have tail lights and blinkers and reverse lights but no f'n brake lights
.....idk then. maybe you have a short in the wiring.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i had this happen awhile back.. have you ever tapped into any wiring? possibly for a ground or something of the sort. you need to check all connections that you've made and make sure they're still good.

what my problem was is that i hooked up halo headlights, then removed them. i forgot to remove the hot wire and it kept grounding out on the frame, blowing my fuses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.