Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year i was stupid and got a dash trim kit from e-bay. of course it faded and cracked. i just took it off a little while ago with a hair dryer. i got all of the 3m tape off, but there is still a glue like residue on there. i was going to try goo gone, but it is solid. any body have any experience taking these off. any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Theres some stuff called Go Gone you can buy. I belive Wal-Mart may sell this stuff...I've heard that works good, or just use gasoline but very little at a time

·
Registered
486 Posts
I might have a solution for you but be very careful and I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES DONE :noo

I work at a medical device place and we sometimes get tape residue on the table or so and it's a big no no if it gets on the parts.

Well to get it off we use ACETONE, it's kind of like straight alcohol but super stronger. It can take perminate markers off something, it can take sticky stuff easily too.

I do warn you that if it touches glass, well lets just say it'll make the glass smear permanetly, if you can imagine how that looks like. It'll take paint right off of you car too. But I have tried it on some plastic and it doesn't do any damage at all. It's kind of weird because its so strong but to some material it doesn't effect it at all.

I say if you can get your hands on some just spray it on a cloth and try it on a very little spot on the dash and you should be fine.

·
Registered
605 Posts
im sure goo gone would work for that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts