1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taku set for Canadian long-haul.

19/06/2006

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Takuma Sato is hoping that he can find good mechanical grip with the Super Aguri-Honda SA05 this weekend at the Canadian GP, the ninth round in the 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship and an event that marks the mid-way point in the season.

Taku finished 17th at the British Grand Prix two weeks ago, to notch up his fifth finish of the season and he will now be eager to make it number six this Sunday.

"These two flyaway races are different to the ones at the beginning of the season when we flew to the very hot and humid climates of Bahrain and Malaysia," he noted in the build up to the event. "The Canadian weather and the track is much easier on the body so we do not need to have special training, but we do arrive earlier to condition ourselves to the time difference and to get into the rhythm."

As for the track itself it will be a tough test for the SA05, especially on the brake front.

"The Gilles Villeneuve circuit is very hard on brakes following the long straight but most of the corners are slow speed so braking stability and good traction are essential," continued Taku. "Also the track can be quite bumpy due to its dramatically different weather conditions from winter to summer, so hopefully we can find good mechanical grip from the SA05."

Super Aguri F1 team boss, Aguri Suzuki meanwhile was pleased that the team got both cars to the finish at Silverstone, a feat they had only managed once before, at the Australian GP in April.

"It was great to see both Super Aguri F1 team cars finish the last race at Silverstone. I must admit that I was little worried when both cars left the track during Saturday's free practice session but the mechanics worked relentlessly to have the T-car ready for qualifying and Takuma's car finished in time for the race. We now need to keep this momentum going and I am looking forward to both cars crossing the finish line and chequered flag in Montreal," he concluded.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.