Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taku set for `second home` race at Silverstone.

07/06/2006
----------------------------------------------

Takuma Sato heads to Silverstone this weekend for the British Grand Prix, the eighth round in the 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship and an event that he regards as a 'second home race'.

Speaking in the countdown to the latest event on the calendar, Taku added that he is hoping for a good result at the Northants based track, which is located only a few miles from the Super Aguri F1 team's Leafield HQ.

"The British Grand Prix always feels like my second home race as I used to live in the UK and I have great memories of driving at Silverstone from my Junior Formulae days," said Taku.

Taku has competed at the British GP three times to date in an F1 car and although he failed to finish on his first appearance there in 2002 with Jordan, he was eleventh in 2004 and 16th last year, after qualifying seventh overall.

"I very much like the circuit layout [at Silverstone]; the first part features high-speed, flowing corners which are really great to drive and the last section features the tough complex which is also challenging on the engineering side as it requires good mechanical grip," he continued. "The weather always plays a key role at this race, so I am hoping for a dry, sunny weekend and a good result for the team."

Super Aguri F1 team boss, Aguri Suzuki meanwhile added that his squad have been pulling out all the stops since the last event at Monte Carlo in order to ensure they continue to progress - and get two-cars to the finish come Sunday.

"We are now back in the UK and making our final preparations for the British Grand Prix. Our goal remains the same [as at Monaco] - to have both Super Aguri F1 Team cars finish the race. The team has been working extremely hard ahead of one of our home grand's prix this week and we would very much like to do well at Silverstone," concluded AS.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.