Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated I have Tanabe RM exhaust. It's a straight through design. I like the sound and fitment. If you don't like a loud exhaust, this is not for you. I bought mine used and it still works great.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My friend's gsr had the tanabe rm. The exhaust rumbled with a nice deep loud sound from inside and it was too loud for my taste. From the outside, it sounded kidn of high pitched but those tananbe rm's get lot of attention from ricers for some reason.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it because it was available and the price was good. It is pretty loud, but I like it. Up high it gets a bit raspy, but I can deal with it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SeeMeGo said:
TRM is an great exhaust, used to own one myself :eek: .

GSR dont make 150 to the WHEELS, maybe like 120 :p
According to the dyno that I had mine on, it did 150 to the wheels. I wish I had a scanner, then I could post the graph....

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
If you are FI, I don't recommend a 60mm tanabe exhaust, but a 3" mandrel bent custom exhaust, now back on topic, bone stock GSRs make around 140-145 whp, so with a few bolt ons, 150 is believeble.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JDM_Honda said:
If you are FI, I don't recommend a 60mm tanabe exhaust, but a 3" mandrel bent custom exhaust, now back on topic, bone stock GSRs make around 140-145 whp, so with a few bolt ons, 150 is believeble.
3" is good for turbo, 2.5" is good for SC... so I've read.
Yeah, I read the GSR's put down about 135ish to the ground stock. I could even go with 140, so a few bolt-ons put me to 150 to the ground. That and a little fuel adjustment due to being a bit lean up high.

5.0ownsall said:
those are nasty rice exhaust i don't recomend buying one unless you are fi
Why are you so gay? Do you even know anything about Honda's other than your veiw is they are rice? Heard it, so STFU....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.