Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a noise coming from my targa top and im looking to find and fix the noise, I would like to know how to remove the underneath cover or if it is possible to remove it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did a google search for reviews on Del Sols and Apparently the 93 models(dont hold me to the exact year) had a couple of bugs, one was noise coming from the removable top.

my guess would be to look at where it connects above your flip down visors, it might be loose up there and then you can prob fit something in there so it doesnt rattle

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
yeah mine squeaks and creaks when its really dry, i spray it down with silicone frequently and that usually helps out alot

·
Registered
406 Posts
my 93 makes a few squeaks from the rear portion of the top, but nothing horrible. ive always heard most t-tops anyways have some sort of noise to them (dont know if thats relatively true or not)

·
Registered
489 Posts
i got a 93 and it sounds like there is an air leak coming from the driver side of the targa top (like the window is''nt closed tight to it ) but rain doesnt leak through or anything and usually my music is too loud to hear the ugly sounds of my car

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 94, noise seems to be coming from the piece that secures the top( the one you swing to open or close)

·
Registered
485 Posts
my 94 squeeks louder that hell and i just take it off as much as possible

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i believe i fixed it, removed the underpiece to uncover a bunch of loose parts hitting eachother, i put cushions between the metal to silence them. seems to work, have not driven a lot since so ill see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
95 sol, not so much souding as if its coming from the targa top more of the passenger side somewhere. It sounds like its glass rubbing up on something. Its like if someone dug there nails into a blackboard, and its all when i go over a harsh bump or some rough pavement. Any ideas No other idea how to explain it really

sometimes its like when a girl yeels at you for leaving the toliet seat up? :lmao heh jk (i think)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
D3Ls0LGrE3nBe4N said:
95 sol, not so much souding as if its coming from the targa top more of the passenger side somewhere. It sounds like its glass rubbing up on something. Its like if someone dug there nails into a blackboard, and its all when i go over a harsh bump or some rough pavement. Any ideas No other idea how to explain it really

sometimes its like when a girl yeels at you for leaving the toliet seat up? :lmao heh jk (i think)
I heard my window do the same yesterday, not sure what it is, sounds bad though, looking to see if i can find that later on when it stops raining over here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.