Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info and differences between an H22 throttle body and an H23 throttle body. Is there a difference in diameter, is one of them missing something from the other? I'm doing a vtec head swap, and I got most of the part I needed. The only thing that would pull my pocket right now is the TB which I can't afford to get new at this time. Can I use an H23 TB on an H22 intake manifold? Thanks a lot everyone for your help. John.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx 4bidden. I know it fits cause I tried it already, but is it missing something or has something extra that I should know about? If anyone else has any information please let me know. Thank you in advance. John

· Registered
1,428 Posts
the map sensors for the 2 are going to be different........the car will not run that well without the right map sensor....also the TPS will be different........

· Registered
2,115 Posts
CRXtc said:
the map sensors for the 2 are going to be different........the car will not run that well without the right map sensor....also the TPS will be different........
not correct

map sensors just sense pressure and send it to the ecu. all map sensors are able to do that....dont worry which map you have...just use whatever you have. i used a civic map sensor on my h22 and it ran just fine.

tps should also not matter except that it will have to be aligned properly if you try switching.

some prelude vtec's had the map sensor on top of the throttle body, whereas h23 ludes had them on the firewall. either way, just make sure you have a map sensor hooked up

· Registered
1,428 Posts
i guarantee you that the car will work with the wrong map sensor but it will run incredibly rich....if you use the wrong TPS it will either continue running rich or run very lean......trust me....i used an HF map sensor on my LS swap at first and it failed smog because it was too rich.....then if you use the right map and the wrong TPS it will run incredibly lean.........it is always best to use the right electronics.........

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all you guys. I appreciate your comments. Right now I'm still waiting for my crank to get done. After I get it back, I'll start putting the motor together and by then I should be standing a little better with money so I might get the right stuff, or if not then I'll try the H23 TB and see how it works. Once again thank you for replying

· Registered
161 Posts
CRXtc said:
i guarantee you that the car will work with the wrong map sensor but it will run incredibly rich....if you use the wrong TPS it will either continue running rich or run very lean......trust me....i used an HF map sensor on my LS swap at first and it failed smog because it was too rich.....then if you use the right map and the wrong TPS it will run incredibly lean.........it is always best to use the right electronics.........

You are wrong. Unless you have hands on or know about preludes don't add your advice. Hf's/ls's and preludes are totally different.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
honda computer systems are all the same.....if you dont believe me hook up an A/F meter to your car and give me the reading

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.