Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a civic ex but am planning on buying a new car. Should i get a used celica gts or a new scion tc? celica is lighter, has more hp, and gets better mileage but a tc is cheap, has a lot more torque, and can come with a optional supercharger. what should i get?

·
Registered
772 Posts
i had the same choice to make. scion tc or 2003 accord. i took accord. gets better mileage , much better. i say get the celica.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Isn't the rsx-s about the same cost as a celica gts? IMO, gts is a better track/performance car than the scion tc. If I had to choose between the 2 (and could ignore price), I would go for the gts.
:nod

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ok ALL good cars. But IMO I'd go with the TC. All things concidered, gas mileage, price, insurance cost, personal appeal. TC, TC, TC, TC, TC, ok I said it... Yes the GTS has more HP, the Accord has better gas mileage, and the RSX has more HP too... But the TC has a FACTORY SUPERCHARGER!!!! And might I say "DAM IT'S FAST". It's a new car, not everyone has one... A factory S/C... New design... Style... It's kinda cool looking... IOM
Finaly Toyota has somthing modern that can keep up with Honda's "tuning" crowd. Good compition is healthy for buisness. BTW the Celica, is being disconntinued.... :noo oh well..........

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know the celica is being discontinued, thats why i was thinking of getting a used gts. and i think im leaning towards the gts just because i think it looks nicer and it gets better mileage. im starting college soon and my school is about 20 minutes away from my home so i'm going to be driving it pretty far everyday and i want something with good mileage, the gts gets 33 mpg on highway.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
timm3r said:
i know the celica is being discontinued, thats why i was thinking of getting a used gts. and i think im leaning towards the gts just because i think it looks nicer and it gets better mileage. im starting college soon and my school is about 20 minutes away from my home so i'm going to be driving it pretty far everyday and i want something with good mileage, the gts gets 33 mpg on highway.
and its got the 2zz, sweet motor

·
Registered
277 Posts
What about a wrx? Thats gonna be in the price range and it has a factory turbo...a non sti runs a 14 sec 1/4, thats really nice...also you will have more hp then both and its AWD!! WOo! :clap
then just bolt on a bigger turbo later!

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
lemonracer said:
What about a wrx? Thats gonna be in the price range and it has a factory turbo...a non sti runs a 14 sec 1/4, thats really nice...also you will have more hp then both and its AWD!! WOo! :clap
then just bolt on a bigger turbo later!
not with the clutch/tranny problems that they have had :eek:

G

·
I would get the TC. Not only do I think the Celica is the uggliest car ever produced, but I think the TC is a hot car. I've looked into getting a TC or XB, and I'm impressed with everything I've seen so far. BUT, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
277 Posts
kommon_sense said:
not with the clutch/tranny problems that they have had.
thats sad, i really liked that car...i knew the evo had clutch/tranny problems , but not the subie! :mad

Civic Ex Chick said:
I would get the TC. Not only do I think the Celica is the uggliest car ever produced, but I think the TC is a hot car. I've looked into getting a TC or XB, and I'm impressed with everything I've seen so far. BUT, that's just my opinion.
...as looks go i like both also, but proformance is sad on the Xb and Xa...im not sure what the tc runs at the track but ive already raced and killed one(non supercharged) on the street with my lil 106 hp hatch...i guess the price would should be the final decision for him because that factory supercharger is only makeing 40 more hp....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Scion, i believe, is made by toyota. The relavance is that if you buy new, both are going to come with good factory warranty's, 7yr/60k i think. To maintain the factory warranty you won't be able to do much engine-wise to bump up the hp.

With that said, you can get the TC 160hp, plus supercharger +40hp, that not too many people have but will be less friendly on gas mileage. The gts won't be as powerful but better on gas. IMO the TC is easier on the eyes.

Overall i would chose the TC, but if you're that concerned about gas mileage just go with the gts. both are fun cars and made by toyota (reliable)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.