Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Teachers in my shools never went on strike... they just took sick leave so sometimes we'd have nothing but substitutes in the school.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
'Hmm...I think in Kansas, my teacher told me that it is illegal for teachers to go on strike, because of some law that was put into place. If they go on strike, they're fired, and replacements are bought it. Then the law is brought into play. Thats just what my teacher told me...don't know if its all true, but it sounds like it should be.
~Jason

·
Registered
346 Posts
Superhondakid said:
YEH YEH!!!!

public teachers in my city are goin on strike on Tuesday (catholic schools teachers are already on strike)

NO SKOOOOOOOOL!!! :D :D :D
too bad I am working already... but at least I can now speed thru school zones!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nguyen said:
'Hmm...I think in Kansas, my teacher told me that it is illegal for teachers to go on strike, because of some law that was put into place. If they go on strike, they're fired, and replacements are bought it. Then the law is brought into play. Thats just what my teacher told me...don't know if its all true, but it sounds like it should be.
~Jason
Well they can't fire them... the only reason they are alowed to go on strike is because they are members of a Union. Under law you can't fire employees if they are on strike and covered under a union. I think with teachers they can get in trouble if they strike because schools support kids..that's why they used the sick leave at my school....fuckin' politics.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, most of them are whiners anyway... like they have some kind of raw deal given to them... They went to college for it, it's not like at one point in history teachers were paid alot... if they are so worried about being paid (who isn't) then they shouldn't have become teachers...plus half of the teachers I've known seem to have a general dislike for kids... how much sense does that make?

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
lucky bastard...wish they'd have a strike at UMassDartmouth :p

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Prelude1897 said:
Why can't shit like that ever happen around here
for real man!! :(

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
i go to catholic school and my teachers arent on strike which sucks but its my senior year. i dont want anything to get between me and graduating.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts