Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question. with a f23 can you switch the head from a h23 and change the engine to DOHC? or are the sizes and mechanics so incredibly different that i sound like an idiot for asking? :) and is there a way to increase compression on a f23 to produce greater HP output like an h22 or h23? such as maybe longer connecting rods etc? and is it more difficult than its worth to try to up the compression on an f23 for greater HP output and i just go for turbo and take advantage of the low compression ratio? just dont want turbo lag.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Forget the h23 head, it is not economically feasable. You can go high compression with new pistons and rods. If I were you I'd go turbo though. The f22 and f23 just beg for FI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what route i decided on...now its if i want to take the time to go custom or spend the extra cash and buy premade kits like f-max. what do you think?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've seen great results either way. I know one guy boosting 13 psi is able to put down over 250 at the wheel using the fmax kit. If you've got the resources available, it's certainly cooler and cheaper to go custom. It's all a mater of time you're willing to put in and you're skill level

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that on stock bottom? i heard the f23 can go upto 13psi on stock bottom...dont know if id wanna try that high of boost on stock bottom tho....at least not on pump gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts