Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy just brought a 92 cx EG(5 speed) w/o and engine and he has a d16 engine off a auto ex......what does he need to put the d16 auto tranny to make it a stick .....i told him he needs a get a clutch kit and a manual tranny off a ex..or is it not worth it to does this swap and how much money will he be spending?...need some help TECHS ...thanks:confused:

· Registered
714 Posts
1. Shift Linkage for the ex trans 30

2. Clutch pedal ass. from a 92-25 Si, EX ect. 30

3. Ex trans 130 (make sure you have the slave cylinder with it)

4. 5sp computer (P28) if the auto is the same dont worry about it 40

5. Ex flywheel and bolts (they are longer than a/t bolts) 10

6. Ex pressure plate and clutch disc 100 for a new one i think(check discount auto)

7. Clutch master cylinder and all lines 30

8. Optional Ex guage cluster for manual trans (100) or just get white face guages from apc (30) for the manual Ex to cover up the auto letters on the guages if his cluster has a tach.

I think that is all that you need. If not someone please correct me.

The price is gonna come out to about 370 bucks if you dont add in the new cluster and or guages. It might be more or less just depends on what you find at the junkyard and how much you get hooked up. In my opinon though, it would be worth the money to get the 5sp.

I did this swap on an 86 honda prelude. I went all the way and changed out the clusters and computer(diff fuel map). In the end it cost me about $150 because i am a regular at my local pick and pull.

Oh yeah when you put it in you will have to wire up a clutch saftey switch so you cant start the car in gear. Also you will have to splice into the auto shift lever's wiring to find the reverse lights and hook them up to the two wires coming out of the transmission.

· Registered
714 Posts
Oh....ok.....sorry. Well if anyone needs to put a manual in an auto body just refer to this thread.

Oh yeah....make sure he gets the longer flywheel bolts too.

· Registered
143 Posts
you will need to wire the vtec to the ecu... theres 3 wires... they are already in the harness... if you look at the big plugs near the top of the left wheel well you will see a plug that has 3 wires missing... thats where they go... the wire colors for those are orange/white=vtec solenoid, orange/purple=oil pressure sensor, and orange/black=oil pressure ground... i just grounded the oil pressure sensor to the chassis tho... also the cx does not have a 4 wire o2 sensor... but it will run without one and i have no idea how to wire that... the check engine light will just come on for the o2 sensor.... i got me a 92 si trans for 120 and installed it myself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.