Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have opinions about this particular kit? going on a 95 civic hb that will soon be getting a H22 injection....

·
Registered
185 Posts
over priced crap ... get some agx's and some non apc coilovers ... its going to go to shit anyway over a short period of time so might as well spend alil less

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
1slo4dr said:
over priced crap ... get some agx's and some non apc coilovers ... its going to go to shit anyway over a short period of time so might as well spend alil less
that was the WORST response EVER

·
Registered
185 Posts
give me a break as if yours had anything to do with the original post

·
Registered
185 Posts
i wish everyone would go out and spend 2g's on a suspension with almost no warranty and have it fall apart over the coarse of 1 or 2 years depending when you live... i become a reseller for tien ... my car is a daily driver so it get the crap kicked out of it every day. personally spending that much on a suspension set up is only for thoes who have money to burn on cars that will never see the road. i live in nyc and the roads here are pretty crappy i go through a set of 4 shocks almost every year and a half to 2 years.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
1slo4dr said:
give me a break as if yours had anything to do with the original post
ok....fine i shall school you

first of all since he is swapping an H22 ANY OLD NON APC COILOVER as you put it will not work, he will need more aggressive spring rates to compensate for the extra weight, second of all the AGX shocks are not ment to go lower then 1.5" from stock, so if he wanted to lower it more then that he would void the warranty on the shocks, third getting any old coilover sleeve kit and mating them w/ agx shocks does not always work, the tein flex kit is AT LEAST a matched setup w/ the springs and the dampers were designed to work together to offer a stock like ride feel, try getting that w/ ANY coilover sleeve/shock combo and you will find it is not possible, TEIN is FAR from overpriced crap

·
Registered
185 Posts
the h22 is like 70 lbs heavier than the b18 .... if my little sister gets in the car and she weighs 100 lbs do i have to change my spring rates ? i guess after thanks giving dinner ill have to change my spring rates... get a clue dude ... and shocks are meant to be compressed ... agx's are aftermarket "high proformance" which means you can put them on any spring setup. and as far as watrrantys are conserned when was the last time you actually read a warranty contract ? the contracts are always limited warrantys and the company never gurantees you will get your money back or product replaced.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
1slo4dr said:
the h22 is like 70 lbs heavier than the b18 .... if my little sister gets in the car and she weighs 100 lbs do i have to change my spring rates ? i guess after thanks giving dinner ill have to change my spring rates... get a clue dude ... and shocks are meant to be compressed ... agx's are aftermarket "high proformance" which means you can put them on any spring setup. and as far as watrrantys are conserned when was the last time you actually read a warranty contract ? the contracts are always limited warrantys and the company never gurantees you will get your money back or product replaced.
do not try to act all high and mighty, first of all the h-series might only be 70lbs heavier then the b-series but last time i checked YOUR civic did not come w/ a b-series engine from the factory, so in reality you are looking more at 150-200 lbs of EXTRA weight so no ANY old spring won't do, but if you like half assing your shit and getting poor performance then by all means go ahead, i will stick with a BALANCED setup and rip you a new asshole in the corners why you are trying to figure out why you nose dive so hard everytime you hit the brakes or take a turn, so get a clue and realize that you NEED to work on suspension when you swap an h-series, i am tired of all you mother fuckers on here wanting to ghetto rig your shit and then when someone tells you what you SHOULD do you fucking dont listen

·
Registered
185 Posts
lol calm down ... hahaha ... it really issent that serious ... the guy was just askin for an opinion .... to each their own ... but when ur out to the club and u got 2 other guys in ur car u usually don't get out and adjust ur springs and shocks to handle the extra weight.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
1slo4dr said:
lol calm down ... hahaha ... it really issent that serious ... the guy was just askin for an opinion .... to each their own ... but when ur out to the club and u got 2 other guys in ur car u usually don't get out and adjust ur springs and shocks to handle the extra weight.

you are not understanding, passengers is different then weight right over the front wheels, why dont you get 2 75lb people to sit on your fenders (right and left) and try to turn/stop/etc. the same distances that you do w/o them on the fenders.......reailze that

·
Registered
185 Posts
my friend had a h22 in his 96 civic and it was fast as fuck stock ... smoked a automatic m3 by 3 car lenghts ...he actually had prelude skunk2 springs in the front and civic rears. but he got into alil accident (at 5mph) and cracked his subframe . the h-series was never meant to go into a civic. period.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
1slo4dr said:
my friend had a h22 in his 96 civic and it was fast as fuck stock ... smoked a automatic m3 by 3 car lenghts ...he actually had prelude skunk2 springs in the front and civic rears. but he got into alil accident (at 5mph) and cracked his subframe . the h-series was never meant to go into a civic. period.

no shit, and notice how he ATTEMPTED to run the proper suspension setup

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea he tried but it still sucked ass ... the car snow plowed through turns like a old chevy pos. it was great for drag but not for anything else

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
oh yeah and don't say the h22 is not ment for the civic on here or else you will be flamed out of existence......i know

·
Registered
185 Posts
well not meant for a true racer who actually wants to keep manuverabilty a top priority.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i know.....i dont think anyone should do the swap either unless they are only interested in driving in a straight line but whateva

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
temp03 said:
why dont you get 2 75lb people to sit on your fenders (right and left) and try to turn/stop/etc.
Cha-ching - that's what it's all about. Weight placement.

Teins are high quality, and the Flex is one of the better setups in their lineup - but that's a quality measure. Quantifiably the Flex coilover is designed like a coilover should be. The shocks are dampened to match the spring rates. You can't get a match like that when you mix and match. Also their shocks are valved to equalize pressure and provide consistent damping force, as opposed to the AGX and others that get progressively stiffer as they're compressed. Finally when lowered the shock gets lowered too, not compressed, so you're always compressing the same section of the shock at whatever height you're at. This also aids in consistent damping. Most mix and matches compress and stiffen the spring and pre load the shock when lowered which makes for an exponentionally harsher ride.
It's a quality system, that's all I'm saying. You can get by with a mix and match, but if you want a system that's meant to be adjustable you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car will not just be for straight line. With the correct suspension setup I'm sure I can negate the extra (150) lbs. Also with other techniqes such as moving the battery to the back lighter rad, and if need be, carbon fibre fenders/hood...everything.

Once the weight issue is corrected im sure the LSD will be worth its weight in gold, not just for the straight line shootouts.

Thanks for your input on the suspension package. Seems to me that a full kit of elements tuned to work with eachother is something people 'often imitate never duplicate' with a mix and match setup.

scottigee:
DO you think the tein's with some of the things mentioned above will be enough to absorb the (150) lbs of the H22?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Turbine said:
The car will not just be for straight line. With the correct suspension setup I'm sure I can negate the extra 70 lbs. Also with other techniqes such as moving the battery to the back lighter rad, and if need be, carbon fibre fenders/hood...everything.

Once the weight issue is corrected im sure the LSD will be worth its weight in gold, not just for the straight line shootouts.

Thanks for your input on the suspension package. Seems to me that a full kit of elements tuned to work with eachother is something people 'often imitate never duplicate' with a mix and match setup.

scottigee:
DO you think the tein's with some of the things mentioned above will be enough to absorb the 70 lbs of the H22?

its not an extra 70lbs....jesus christ, the h22 weighs 70lbs MORE then a B series engine, you have a d-series so you are looking at more of a 150-200lbs difference over your front wheels, second of all you better be upgrading your brakes, carbon fiber hood/fenders will not negate the difference because they weigh basically the same as stock, the battery wont do much for you either

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Turbine said:

DO you think the tein's with some of the things mentioned above will be enough to absorb the (150) lbs of the H22?
It's not really a question of 'absorbing' the 150lbs, it's a question of adjustability to minimize the H22's negative effect on your weight distribution. In that regard you can be confident that the Teins will give you equal support and ride quality across any height and damening range you try.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts