Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys what do you think of TEIN. i like them so far they seem to have some high tech stuff like the edfc and such. do any of you have TEINs on your car how much does it let you drop it and so forth.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i'd say the same.. great ride quality.. and adjustablity. way more adjustable then... lets say your tanabe sustec pro.. also for less money..

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
only problem with them is that you have to rebuild them every 2 years..........other then that i am thinking about tein for my car now....and definately for my new car....coming 2003...LANCER EVO 8!

·
Registered
51 Posts
CRXtc, what do you mean that you have to rebuild them every 2 years??? Im planning on getting the HA's next spring for my Accord.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
that means you have to send them to TEIN or a TEIN authorized repair shop and have the shocks rebuilt

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
i have known people that have had them.....they are fucking great except for that........but thats what happens....they can last a little longer it just depends on how low you drop it (go by tein's recommendations) and you wont have to do the rebuild.....usually anything more then 1.5-1.75" makes your car handle worse and makes it ride like shit

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thats not always the case. My friend had a 2001 GSR teg with Teins. All I could say is that the ride is amazing he had no problems with handling, comfort/ride, or rusting. I love Teins, if I knew a girl with that name I would hook up with her.:D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
i never said tein was crap i said if you drop it lower then a certain height then it will handle and ride like shit.....its just simple geometry........and by the way....about the gurl named tein...so would i! ahahaha

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add that the set Height of my friends car sorry. The drop on the car that he drives with everyday is a 4" drop or just shy of it, I have to ask him again to make sure, but I'm sure its 4". I love the look and the ride......Miss Tein if your out there call me please.:D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
4" drop will handle like crap...period.........why do you think TEIN recommends only usually the max of about 1.77" drop?.......because anything lower then that the handling characteristics are affected....plus with that low of a drop he will blow the TEIN dampers in about 2 years and will have to have them rebuilt.........

·
Registered
227 Posts
Its still going strong, and the ride is still amazing. I think its cause his car can drop to 6". He added new Tein springs which can drop 6" which he replaced the ones that go up to 4". What ever it could be, to explain the comfortable ride on a crazy drop, I don't know. My car has B&G coilovers and its dropped 2.5" and the ride sucks ass. I just can't explain. and I never heard of a spring that could drop to 6", but I was shown and proved wrong. Amazing stuff Teins are.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
yes they are.....but let your friend know that he will have to rebuild them soon and that the warranty is most likely violated due to the drop.....got pix of it?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'll try and get some, I think my friend, or my next door neighbour has a digital camera. Oh, heres also a wacked out story that happend to him. His 2001 gsr was parked in his garage, late at night his car was stolen from his garage and found the next morning in another city in a park stripped. Lets put it this way the only thing left was the skeleton of the car, one rim cause it had a ceased bolt, then hatch part, and get this, the Teins were left unharmed. If it were me those teins would be long gone. Now there on a new gsr that the insurance replaced. I'll work on getting those pics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In my opinion, I think the Apexi N1 suspension is alot better than some of the Tein's like SS or HA or any series that u cannot adjust the height of the shock itself. I have the Apexi N1 and my car is slammed to hell, about 4" to 6" and it rides like stock. It keeps the ride quality simply because u can adjust the ride height by shortening the shocks and not messing with the spring perches at all. By doing this, it keeps the spring compressed and gives an amazing rideability in such a low drop. Also, the N1 has about 30 way shock adjustability and u can make ur car very stiff or very smooth. Like i said, this is just my experience and opinion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
well i have tein ss, and dropped about 2.5".. ride is absolutly amazing. i have no idea how you can say tein recommends 1.77" drop or the warrenty is void. why would a company put out a adjustable coilover that can go 0"-4", but if you drop it more than 1.77 there is no more warrenty. from what i've heard, tein should last longer than your car. teins are badass, imo.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
0-4 inches??

it's 0 - 3.1 inches, at least on my tein ss.

rebuildin them after 2 years?? wtf

i know people with them, slammed all the way down, harsh driving, bad road conditions, etc for 2-3 years, their shocks still good....

·
Registered
32 Posts
crazed87 said:
0-4 inches??

it's 0 - 3.1 inches, at least on my tein ss.

rebuildin them after 2 years?? wtf

i know people with them, slammed all the way down, harsh driving, bad road conditions, etc for 2-3 years, their shocks still good....
are you sure only 3.1"? cause im dropped 2.5", and i have at least a inch of thread to go down...btw i have it on a 2000 civic

1 - 20 of 33 Posts