Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say about 3-4 months ago I had my front brakes done - on my 96 4-door EX - by the dealer. At this time I told them to find anything that was wrong with the car because I want to get it painted, new wheels, etc. and it doesn't make sense to do this to a car that doesn't run good. All they came back with was I needed new brakes. I was impressed with their honesty because they had a blank check and they only got me for under $200.

About two weeks ago I took it in for a noise/feel. It is tricky to explain, but I could feel a sort of grind through the gas pedal that was most evident between 15-20mph, but it goes away when I speed up. I think this is because it has something to do with a rotating part somewhere. I could sort of hear it too. I took it in and went on a test drive with the tech. He heard/felt it and they replaced the front-driver's wheel bearing. They told me it would be $330 and it was $277 - again I'm impressed. The noise seemed to be gone on my way home but was right back he next day! I took it in again and they told me that it was something in the transmission (I have a 5-speed) and they wouldn't do anything right now if they were me. I was told that the head tech or whatever confirmed this. The noise before the bearing and after the bearing is exactly the same. Oh, my front wheel is bent, but I don't want to get new wheels until the car is painted and I just found out I'm going to be moving in August.

What do you guys think of this whole situation?

On a side note, do you think it will be cheaper to get the car painted in California or Mississippi instead of the Washington DC area?

Thanks for reading this long post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, do you guys think it is something with the tranny or the wheel bearing? I think the noise/feel was there before they did my brakes; it just got a little worse. At this point I just want it fixed. Is there any way/reason they could have fixed it and something (like a bent wheel) caused it to go bad?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.