Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so last night me a my friend where out drivinr his crx and it was rally cold out. while we weher drivnig tha temp gauge would go back down to the c but if we stoped for a while it would come back up to normal temp. has this happened to any of you???

·
Registered
540 Posts
hmmm thats kindof wierd to be honest with u....ive never seen it happen....i could be wrong but what njn said it does seem to make sense

·
Registered
228 Posts
my civic had a similar problem when i drove it in the morning. i would start it and let it warm up for 15-20 min. then i would drive it about 3 city blocks and get on the highway. if i was really getting into it on the highway keeping the rpms up the temp would drop and i would barely get heat. after i would shift to 5th and stop for a coffee i wouldn't have the problem for the rest of the day. very strange but its just been to damn cold out to check into it. last night we got 16" of snow which really sucks because i just bought a 240sx and it a one wheel wonder in the snow so i can't go any where. well keep us posted if you figure out your problem... good luck.

·
Banned
2,057 Posts
Yea a cracked rad could be why. He could have fucked up the temperature gauge in the process. My Rex has a SRI and exhaust too. Again I drive in -45C and we have snowbanks 10-15ft high. They don't call it winterpeg for nothing! I'm sure the cold weather is contributing to the temp. drop, but the rad/temp. gauge is definetly fucked up. It shouldn't do that normally.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i have a b16 and if i let my car warm up for about 20 minutes, it gets warm, but as soon as i drive it gets soo cold it will fall out of VTEC.... sad but true.... just like mine chief, your thermostat is stuck open :(

·
Registered
714 Posts
slocookedrice said:
i have a b16 and if i let my car warm up for about 20 minutes, it gets warm, but as soon as i drive it gets soo cold it will fall out of VTEC.... sad but true.... just like mine chief, your thermostat is stuck open :(

Mine does the exact same thing. Im gonna change my Thermostat out this weekend to see if that corrects the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.