Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my integra seems to have a little temperature problem. when im sitting in traffic, the temperature gauge goes up. however, when i rev my engine just a little, the temp goes down a lot for a short time, then rises back up. whats up besides the temperature? im gonna go check to see if the fan even comes on now, but y would reving my engine even just a little lower the temperature? thanks, ne suggestions r appreciated.

· Registered
110 Posts
The temperature gauge is pretty slow moving, how can you tell there's a drop immediately? You want your temperature gauge to read between about 1/3 and 1/2 to hot. If the fluctuation is that radical I'd suggest you check the coolant level and make sure it's full. Also, when's the last time you flushed the radiator? Might be a good time to do that too.

· Registered
305 Posts
thermostat or rad cap....

· Registered
305 Posts
yeah a cracked rad will just about do it...we all assumed you checked your coolant level and the obvious things like the rad....boy were we stupid to assume that! hope you get her fixed and back running soon. hey...how about swapping it for a Fluidyne rad?

· Registered
110 Posts
Tuan said:
yeah a cracked rad will just about do it...we all assumed you checked your coolant level and the obvious things like the rad....boy were we stupid to assume that! hope you get her fixed and back running soon. hey...how about swapping it for a Fluidyne rad?
Are there any real benefits of using a Fluidyne radiator?

· Registered
73 Posts
i had one and loved it

I only replaced it cause my stock one was craked where Acura got cheap and made plastic end caps on it. The fluidyne was much wider ans SHINIER. My condenser fan had to be modified to fit between the header and the radiator. My car used to over heat alot (not too hard to do in AZ in a black car in the dead of summer at 115*) My car never over heated after that, infact I took it autocrossing at Firedbird Raceway and revved that f*cker for two hours at 8000rpm. The temp never went pst half way up.

Boy do I miss that thing. I say DEFINATELY buy one

Hell buy me one too :)

this one got smashed in the wreck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.