Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help i was going to buy a new exauhst system for my car and i was planning on getting a tenrai but i wanted to know if there was any info anyone had on it. Please reply back. i have a stock d15 engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my opinion the Tenrai is the best sounding exhaust for the Del Sol. It bolts directly on without modification and Ive heard its a perfect fittment. Even though it sounds good Ive also heard that its way too loud, around 135db. So personaly I wouldnt put it on unless you have some sort of power to back up all that noise. Also the larger and the lower sounding exhaust means lower back pressure, meaning you will probably lose a little bit of low end but Ive heard there is a significant gain in the high end.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You said you put it on you del sol S now what engine do you have and did it give you anymore horsepower it says it should give you about 18hp more is that true?

·
Registered
648 Posts
You said you put it on you del sol S now what engine do you have and did it give you anymore horsepower it says it should give you about 18hp more is that true?
I had it on a d15b7 just like yours I never dynoed it but it probally was around 10 it was alot easier to break the tires loose after the exhaust. :hug

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really i wouldn't think that it would make that much of a difference for u to be able to break lose. Have you done any other mods to engine?

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have a tenrai exhaust on my sir sol.the noise is very smooth and even with the silencer it's really loud!do i loose horsepower with the silencer?will it gain power if i remove the silencer?if yes,how much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts