Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a week of waiting for ups i got it and installed it. it was a pain in the ass to get the bolts that connect to the cat off but its done.

it sounds good, deep tone no ricer swarm of bumble bee fart cannon.:number1

ill try to get a youtube vid of it on here as soon as i can

· Registered
10,346 Posts
SOunds good. How does it sound when its got load though? My exhaust sounds good on idle and rev, but once it has load, it sounds terrible until mid-high revs

· Registered
17 Posts
Looks & sounds like a nice exhaust. But remember a thread awhiles back, it said someone's Tenrai broke in half after a few months (?). I saw you on that thread too, so you decided to take the chance. Did you feel the metal is super thin?

Well, here is a separate question then. I had e-mailed a couple of the exhaust vendors asking if it would fit a dohc vtec model. One that I didn't even want (I think it was Pace, not stainless) said no, it was different. Some said "it should fit." What does that mean, it should, does it or doesn't it, dummy? (them, not youse guys). So, does anyone know if the exhaust is different on different models.

And, andyflagg, you put it on yourself at home? Wow!

· Registered
17 Posts
Thank you! That is a great, thorough & honest review!

(I did have to 'join' solsociety to open your attachment, but well worth the couple minutes & might have more good info to look at also.)

I was only thinking about a catback because the mechanic who looked at my car said the stock muffler is 'patched,' whatever that means, but it did pass inspection. When I was 18, I had a used 66 Mustang (dang, just showed my age!) with exhaust leaks I didn't realize. Never connected that after I drove anywhere, felt like I was floating. I guess it is not leaking, but I am always paranoid about that now! I don't think the Sol is leaking. But might be a good excuse to get a nice sounding exhaust. :)

Thanks again for the link.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
If it broke, Im sure it was due to a lazy worker's welding rather then the piping itself. Easiiy fixable.

Know what? Fuck your tenrai, Im going open header :ninja

· Registered
10,346 Posts
del sol cat and catback are the same, the mufflers are different. They fit the same, but they have different flow comparing D equipped to B equipped sol's

· Registered
10,346 Posts
If you need a cat converter magnaflow makes an aftermarket one. Check ebay, I got one damn near brand new for less then 200 bucks, versus 400-700 new at dealership, depending on whjat car you ask it for

· Registered
478 Posts
That was me that had a Tenrai break. It may have been a fluke. But it did sound good at first. Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.