Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 97 honda civic lx and I somehow managed to sling a tensioner pulley to my a/c compressor. I bought a new pulley and I need help putting it in myself... if i can. Where can i find a nut to put on the adjustable tensioner bolt? Do I need any other parts to put on the pulley? Do I need some spacers. I don't know what the pulley system looked like before it was lost, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
97lxcivic said:
I drive a 97 honda civic lx and I somehow managed to sling a tensioner pulley to my a/c compressor. I bought a new pulley and I need help putting it in myself... if i can. Where can i find a nut to put on the adjustable tensioner bolt? Do I need any other parts to put on the pulley? Do I need some spacers. I don't know what the pulley system looked like before it was lost, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
not sure what kind of bolts are on ur drivebelt but there should be 2 bolts, one to loosen the belt and the other to adjust, basically get under ur hood locate the bolts on ur idler pulley for the AC drive belt, loosen the pulley bolt then turn the adjusting bolt to loosen it (counterclockwise) then just take it off...make sure u mark the corresponding pulley groove...then just put on the new belt and adjust it then tighten the adjusting bolt to tighten the belt then tigthen the idler pulley bolt...it might help to get a service manual, haynes for ex., they have some decent illustrations to show u

·
Registered
47 Posts
97lxcivic said:
not sure what kind of bolts are on ur drivebelt but there should be 2 bolts, they're to loosen and adjust ur belt, basically get under ur car and locate the bolts on ur idler pulley for the AC drive belt, loosen the pulley bolt then turn the adjusting bolt to loosen it (counterclockwise) then just take it off...make sure u mark the corresponding pulley groove...then just put on the new belt and adjust it then tighten the adjusting bolt to tighten the belt then tigthen the idler pulley bolt...it might help to get a service manual, haynes for ex., they have some decent illustrations to show u

·
Registered
47 Posts
doh disregard the first reply post...don't know why it doubled post while i was typing and edit lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.