Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got this installed today. I decided to go tenzo after realizing that all CAIs are basically metal pipes and the tenzo CAI isn't as expensive as the AEMs and Injens. While I haven't put my Accord on the dyno to see before and after I can say that the engine sound is a deeper tone now, that would be the most recognizable. Performance wise, I have no idea, but it seems to be a bit more spirited but that could just be me. Anyways, a pretty good intake at a reasonable price, looks nice, sounds great, and it's probably just as good as the other CAIs. I give this a four and a half out of five.

:tu :tu :tu :tu and a half

Pros:
Cheaper than other CAIs
Performance probably about the same
Looks nice
Sounds nice
Having people go "whoa man yous got teh c0ld a1r 1ntake1!!"

Cons:
Still not eBay intake cheap

·
Registered
111 Posts
OldSchoolFresh said:
Pros:

Performance probably about the same
How would that be a pro?/

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
If its cheaper than the rest and gives the same power gains, then its a pro.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as in the performance is likely comparable to a much more expensive AEM or other intake.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have one on my 90 accord EX and it helped a lot... when i would accelorate down my road my tires would barely break free and not even spin if i punched it in first (dusty roads) from like 2.5k and now if im comming out of my neighborhood onto the main street and i punch it i feel the front tires try to torque steer me to one side, and now my car pulls all the way to 6.2k and before the intake it only pulled to about 5.5k, i think it gave me the best improvement in the topend range and i know from what people say that that is where it helps soo ya, its true.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
i just ordered the tenzo-r for my 93 civic cx. i'll let you know my thoughts after it's installed. did you do any research on a bypass valve to avoid hydro-lock? i'm looking into buying an aem one, but i'm not sure if it's entirely necessary or if it's going to drastically decrease the advantages of the cai. i guess we'll see.

·
Registered
111 Posts
got one

well good/bad/indifferent- i just ordered one, i'll tell ya wha ti think when she gets here!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
got my tenzo R cai about a week ago- i had a short ram prior to that- as for performance- i really didnt notice anything (pure butt dyno- its a street car) - i'd say its a little louder - thats what i was really after.... and i think it looks cool! i'm very pleased with it!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got sick of looking at mine, so I wire brushed all the coating off it until it was bare pipe, painted it black and slapped on a K&N sticker on the side of the intake and added a bigger K&N filter, kept the blue rubber collars though, so blue and black intake, looks alot better now I think. If I have time I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
filter on a stick is filter on a stick, ebay ones are just as good as name brand if you have a good filter, spend the money elsewhere

·
Registered
107 Posts
i put the tenzo CAI on my 99 ex, and before it i had a ractive ram air intake, and the size difference is crazy. the tenzi is alot smaller, i feel i lost alot of low end, but above 4 grand it pulls hard all the way to 7200. and the fuel consumption is also alot better with the CAI. but im thinking of getting the same tenzo intake but fot the sir. it willl fit the same. but will be larger in diameter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts