Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
05 tC said:
It's interesting how far the Test Drive series has come, I had the original one for the C64 back in 87 http://s64.emuunlim.com/gameinfos/testdrive/testdrive.htm
lol. At the time those graphics must have been considered cutting edge. :lol2 It's crazy how far games have come. Now look at those screenshots of the new Test Drive and just imagine how games will look 10 years from now! :wow
Anyway, Test Drive Unlimited looks really good. If they can really pull off the whole MMO acpect like they're saying, this will be quite an amazing game IMO.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I saw this on ign and the idea is quite bad ass! my only real complaint is that it doesnt seem to have any everyday cars....
It appears to be just muscle cars and supercars which is fine but I dont know...

I wanna be able to hold third place in a k20 swapped EG civic si hatch against 5 Enzo's like i did in Forza before those haters booted me for pwning with an econobox.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
The game looks sweet, I definately will give it a rent, and if I like it, I'll buy it.

I love the last screenshot with the man getting run over (or nearly) haha, that's just great :clap

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
"Unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, and wipers."

Radio- tracks on disc or mp3 thingy that i seen in previews and stuff... i get that
Horn- alert other drivers or perhaps interact with ai traffic... fine
wipers- game may include realtime or at least random weather... great...
What I dont get is why the need for power windows. i understand if you also have access to air conditioning and the aerodynamics of the cars were changed due to lowered windows ... and also if the drivers vision and ability to respond was dependent on his fatigue due to heat, cold, or simply not sleeping. having to refuel would be pretty sweet too and mileage would be affected by AC/window position BUT, somehow I dont believe that all this stuff is gonna end up in the game.... anyone have a clue?
Are they doing it just because they can?
Are they doing it to be considered a pioneer in this generation of racing games?
WTF?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts