Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to say this but I like it.......I like the hp and the room on the back....it reminds me so much at my hatch back in '87 that I think is time to do the unthinkable and get rid of the most trouble free car I've ever owned.....:( ........is tight in the turns and with 3 ppl and the ac on it showed no sign of power loss on the highway....

The dealer is giving me 13,800 for my Si....and I would sell it to anyone of you for that....since I know they will turn around and sell it for what I payed in 2000.....

I think I will order one since the only type S is the demo I drove and I will not pay the msrp for a car with 225 miles...sorry is just me....

So amigos if you know of anyone that would be interested in seeing or buying my ride this is my e.mail @ work...
[email protected] .........

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Yeah, order one if you can, you never know what retard beat on it. When I was test driving WRX's, the dealerships encouraged me to beat the piss out the car.

·
Registered
794 Posts
sob sob, everyone is parting with their SIs, especially the vets of SHO...first you_get_vapours, our mod, now you HEK...what the hek?!?!

Well I am happy you are keeping it in the family with the RSX-S, don't forget where you came from when you find yourself racing some punk kid in an Si...and we'll miss you = (

Oh, try to sell your car for more privately, I know you keep your car in mint condition, don't be impatient!!!!

On a side note, how many old vets are still here with the SIs? I guess I'm the rare one continuing the legacy, I've overcome the power issue by simply going Turbo by the end of the this year. =)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Yeah, sell it privately. It wont take too long for someone to buy it. Si's go really fast in my area and they usually go for around 15-16 privately

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kane317 said:
sob sob, everyone is parting with their SIs, especially the vets of SHO...first you_get_vapours, our mod, now you HEK...what the hek?!?!

Well I am happy you are keeping it in the family with the RSX-S, don't forget where you came from when you find yourself racing some punk kid in an Si...and we'll miss you = (

Oh, try to sell your car for more privately, I know you keep your car in mint condition, don't be impatient!!!!

On a side note, how many old vets are still here with the SIs? I guess I'm the rare one continuing the legacy, I've overcome the power issue by simply going Turbo by the end of the this year. =)
i dun know if i'm a vet? but i still have my SI!! two years and counting!! w00t! and i am proud to say, its coming along nice....nice and fast blahahahha

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Hey HEK..what do you think about the seats?? thats one of the things I really didn't like that much. I seemed to fly around a little when cornering. I mean there better than Si seats but I still didn't like them. and the huge blind spot around the hatch and rear quater window.

Are you gonna miss your Si???

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BennySiR said:
Hey HEK..what do you think about the seats?? thats one of the things I really didn't like that much. I seemed to fly around a little when cornering. I mean there better than Si seats but I still didn't like them. and the huge blind spot around the hatch and rear quater window.

Are you gonna miss your Si???

The seats are tight...they hugh me ...but again amigo I lost my 32" waist when I turned 30.....so maybe you have a smaller waist...;)

I will miss my car...but sorry to say this (because I keep trying to say out loud and don't work)...is only a machine...is only a machine......:confused: .see it don't work....:(

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have a friend that totalled his MX6 I will see if he is maybe interested in your Si no promises though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
amigos.....I bougth it....is black with black leather.....one thing also is that it redlines @ 8k......damn is a Si on steroids.....I think Honda fucked up in putting an Si badge on a hatchback...instead of using the RSX as the Si for 2002....is so much like what was my 2k Si that I have no problems in driving it as if I would have never changed cars except for the moon rood and the dash....other than that, I'm telling you is a Si........
I'm glad I did what I did instead of actually going back to a 2002 Si......
Well I will post pics here soon and hope I don't get banned from stopping by and saying hello every now and then.......Is going to be hard posting over the RSX board.....but we'll see what type of welcoming I get.........you all be cool......
:cool: ...........and what the HEK.is a Honda........:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
HEK said:
amigos.....I bougth it....is black with black leather.....one thing also is that it redlines @ 8k......damn is a Si on steroids.....I think Honda fucked up in putting an Si badge on a hatchback...instead of using the RSX as the Si for 2002....is so much like what was my 2k Si that I have no problems in driving it as if I would have never changed cars except for the moon rood and the dash....other than that, I'm telling you is a Si........
I'm glad I did what I did instead of actually going back to a 2002 Si......
Well I will post pics here soon and hope I don't get banned from stopping by and saying hello every now and then.......Is going to be hard posting over the RSX board.....but we'll see what type of welcoming I get.........you all be cool......
:cool: ...........and what the HEK.is a Honda........:cool:
Niceeee!!! Sounds like a sweet ride!!! I want pictures :D

Are you planning on running it, just to see what its got?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
88 rex said:
Pictures......:D

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it????

let me see...it was msrp @ $23650....-$1,000 for having 150 miles....( the other one with 225 miles was also a demo and I thought...too many miles...) ......-$8,000 ( for the trade.....I owed 6000 still on the Si)........and a free spoiler @ $700 dealer cost and free installation......do the math...is too early on sunday morning..for me....:rolleyes:

Not to mention a free fruit basket..for the wife and a Acura cap for me..... ;) ....that alone was worth the price.....can you say they kiss ass......

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
HEK said:
let me see...it was msrp @ $23650....-$1,000 for having 150 miles....( the other one with 225 miles was also a demo and I thought...too many miles...) ......-$8,000 ( for the trade.....I owed 6000 still on the Si)........and a free spoiler @ $700 dealer cost and free installation......do the math...is too early on sunday morning..for me....:rolleyes:

Not to mention a free fruit basket..for the wife and a Acura cap for me..... ;) ....that alone was worth the price.....can you say they kiss ass......
Yeah I used to work at Acura, they do take very good care of their people very well.

BTW: I like that picture of your Si in your sig. I've never seen that one before.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
v00tecsi said:
Yeah I used to work at Acura, they do take very good care of their people very well.

BTW: I like that picture of your Si in your sig. I've never seen that one before.

thanks for the compliment on my ......well what was my ride.....
I changed my sig so ppl can see the bra....I have some other shots on the "pics of your SI thread ".....

One thing I did today was install the cargo net from the Si on the "S"......imagine paying 90 bucks for one made "for" the "S".......is the same as the one I payed $28 for the Si......wow...ppl that have never had a Honda beware.......just because it says Acura ....doesn't mean you have to pay top dollar for stuff that fits other Hondas......do the research.....
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Thats awesome that the old cargo net fit. Save some money anywhere you can!!!

I bet that bra on the Si saved your hood from a lot of chips. I'm thinking of getting one for long highway drives.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
v00tecsi said:
Thats awesome that the old cargo net fit. Save some money anywhere you can!!!

I bet that bra on the Si saved your hood from a lot of chips. I'm thinking of getting one for long highway drives.
If I used it a total of a week since I bought it would be a lot.......is in great conditon and I'm selling it along with th AEM CAI.......make me an offer.........I posted it for sale under classifieds......:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts