Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a test pipe or knows some one with a test pipe? Is it worth having? I have one, but if i put it on, I cant plug in my O2 sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no its not worth having. unless you like having your cel light on and pulloting the shit out of the enviroment with only minimal, and i mean minimal, whp gains. oh and by the way how would you like to have the most annoying sounding car in the world? :) basically no they arent worth having.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i disagree, yea it makes your car sound a little higher pitch, but you can tell the difference over the stock cat. and if you have other mods such as i/h/e and maybe cams, it will be very helpfull. im guessing you got your testpipe from testpipes.com? thats where i did and mine had no place for the sensor either. i had to mark where i wanted it and drilled a hole big enough. then i came to find out that the metal wasnt thick enuff to thread, so i had to find a nut that fit the o2 sensor and cut it to the right curvature to fit on the testpipe, and then weld it on. more work then i thought but you have to have that o2 sensor. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
hootb18 said:
no its not worth having. unless you like having your cel light on and pulloting the shit out of the enviroment with only minimal, and i mean minimal, whp gains. oh and by the way how would you like to have the most annoying sounding car in the world? :) basically no they arent worth having.
Well yes and no.

You can always get a o2 simulator for the CEL to go away or on OBD1 equppied vehicles the CEL doesnt come on.

The sound isnt that annoying, I used to run a testpipe. Very nice gains btw, it all depends on the engine setup though.

Its up to you, you can always go for a high-performance cat. Check out carsound cats, theyre really nice. And Im hoping to get one soon

·
Registered
18 Posts
OBD1 equipped???

Hey so you are saying that OBD1 equipped vehicles won't have any CEL's when you run a test pipe and the o2 sensors? Is a 93 civic hatch dx with a d15b7 engine an OBD1? Will there be any errors in the ecu or anything like that?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: OBD1 equipped???

mvdelsol said:
Hey so you are saying that OBD1 equipped vehicles won't have any CEL's when you run a test pipe and the o2 sensors? Is a 93 civic hatch dx with a d15b7 engine an OBD1? Will there be any errors in the ecu or anything like that?
OBD1 won't throw a CEL. OBD2 will throw it because it has two O2 sensors. All 96-00 cars are OBD2, so you are fine.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
mvdelsol said:
Oh so obd-1 cars have only one o2 sensor on the exhaust system? Where is this o2 sensor located at?
Yes OBD1 cars only have one sensor and it is in your exhaust manifold or header. That O2 sensor only reads the air/fuel ratio. OBD2 cars have 2 sensors, one that reads the air/fuel ratio and one in the catalytic converter to check if its functioning.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
just get a carsound high flow cat...a test pipe really doesnt offer much that a high flow cat wont offer on a street car. and testpipe.com is the same place as mufflertech.com , i think high flow cats start at like $50 there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.