Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Agreed :tu ...don't like a couple things like the unpainted carbon fiber mirrors or sunroof...but it looks like a show car, so I guess you wanna show that stuff off.
Not the baddest I have seen...but very nice nonetheless. I wish I could find the pic of the orang one on here...it's probably the best i've seen. It's the one where he re-welded the hood to make it look angry. I really like it and wish I had his skills.

·
Registered
854 Posts
very nice show car, one of the nicest jobs on the crx dash that ive seen done thus far, but the wheels look too big and i dont like them much to begin with.
very nice car, and an excellent show car, but ive seen nicer

·
Registered
930 Posts
i like it alot. there's not much on it i would change. i actually like the unpainted carbon fiber on it. the black/blue combo looks good. why else would you really get carbon fiber anyways? its not like the mirrors save you that much weight...and depending on which hood you get, it may not save you much weight either.

·
Registered
268 Posts
main reason is weight unless you want it rice. why I think the carbon fiber mirrors aren't needed...just like someone putting those damn carbon fiber gas tank doors on - that's just dumb as hell IMO

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
uh This isnt just sh0w seeing as it has an H23/H22 turbocharged powerplant under the hood. This CRX would probably smoke every CRX on this board.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DeathIsCertain said:
uh This isnt just sh0w seeing as it has an H23/H22 turbocharged powerplant under the hood. This CRX would probably smoke every CRX on this board.
Thats the swap I'm in the process of doing,thats gotta be one of the baddest swaps to do on a rex besides putting a k20 in one haven't seen that one yet,but I think it's a pretty bad azz car no doubt.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dub N Rex said:
Not the baddest I have seen...but very nice nonetheless. I wish I could find the pic of the orang one on here...it's probably the best i've seen. It's the one where he re-welded the hood to make it look angry. I really like it and wish I had his skills.
that's ed9b16a1, and here's the post where he customized his hood - http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178094
i agree thoguh, its a very clean and very good looking crx.

oh yea, does anyone know what cluster that is in the blue rex?
edit: my bad, shoulda scrolled down :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
njn63 said:
like most show cars, it probably isn't tuned. I know one of the guy in a car club around here has a GSR motor in his Civic that burns about a quart of oil everytime you start it. He doesn't care though because it's a show car.
Yeah maybe, but why would you spend all that money and not tune it just cause it's a show car I know I would to much money not to do all right.Then again like you said if they don't drive it maybe your right.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
That blue integra with the bimmer headlights was at NOPI every year I've been. That mexican bought the car off an older white dude i used to know. he claiming the mods and he ain't done SHIT to that car. Bought it just like it sits. Just i'lls me that he's claiming he did the mods.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
no replacement for displacement. The H23/H22 hybrid is the ultimate motor swap if u have the $$$$ to do it. IMO

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dub N Rex said:
main reason is weight unless you want it rice. why I think the carbon fiber mirrors aren't needed...just like someone putting those damn carbon fiber gas tank doors on - that's just dumb as hell IMO
i dont think her car has the least bit of rice on it. the carbon fiber mirrors look good (although like you said, they're not functional as opposed to stock) because they tie in nicely with the carbon fiber hood and black housing headlights. there are alot of things that we all put on our car that arent needed, doesnt mean its rice though. you can go too far though...carbon fiber gas tank doors ARE dumb as hell.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
njn63 said:
yeah, i'm not saying that it isn't tuned, i'm just saying a lot of the show cars aren't. When a car's engine bay is cleaner than the outside of my car, it isn't driven enough.
I don't know about you but I counldn't not drive that thing! I would have to go kick a mustang azz!....LOL :clap

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
yeah i'd say that's a pretty sweet CRX. it's nice to see a blue one too, can't say i see many blue CRX's.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I saw that car at HIN, it was much impressive, it had its only little thing near the pepsi stand, it was parked not be 6 feet away from RJ's/Pepesi EVOIII.

edit:

cough cough ahem 18"'s you guys havn't said anything about them. It went above the sacret 17"- rule of the CRX board.

or the battery location.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
fuck, that has alot of stuff, h23/22, turbo, and nitrous. i bet that would be fast if it ever saw a track

·
Registered
693 Posts
the rex is nice and all but why waste that much money on a car that is hardly driven. my friend has a 93 4 door civic with a d15 that is turbo charged with the rev hard kit, 16" rota circuit 8 rims, RS*R springs and bride racing seats and only drives the car a few hundred miles a year IMO it is a waste of money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts