Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
I always thought Megan was a cheap knock-off of Mugen stuff. I don't think that's the "best" header by a long shot.

What are you looking to get out of it? Low end? Power at the top of the band? Do you want more midrange power? "Better," how?

·
Registered
823 Posts
i have DC headers but looking for opinions on better headers, and suggestions?
I would look into the Tri-Y header, pretty decent.

My bro made 192whp/13xwtq on a Dynojet on his JDM GSR B18C with just Egay Intake, Tri-Y Header, and 2.25" exhaust. Bone stock internals.

·
Registered
245 Posts
CT shit is expensive as hell, and the gains aren't any better than the aforementioned DC header. CT makes high-quality stuff, but the pricing gains-per-dollar don't compute in my mind.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I would look into the Tri-Y header, pretty decent.

My bro made 192whp/13xwtq on a Dynojet on his JDM GSR B18C with just Egay Intake, Tri-Y Header, and 2.25" exhaust. Bone stock internals.
eh. peak numbers... ,TQ would have been the more desired answer anyway. You should mention how much of a gain over baseline he saw, to get a more accurate idea of performance gains, especially on a dyno that is well known for reading high.

OP: Dont just buy the best header, if you have a cappy exhuast youll gain nothing. When you do find the "best" header, hopefully your exhuast is tuned properly to match it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts