Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to launch my Ex at 5k rpms and the stick kicked out of gear when i popped the clutch.i could smell burned clutch after that. Then i tried to launch at 4k it did fine. Could it be the clutch?

·
Registered
226 Posts
that's sick...but yeah, i would suppose that it's your clutch that's not catchin

though, i don't know why it would do that on such a relatively new car...unless you abuse the hell out of your clutch a lot

·
Registered
494 Posts
That would be the only reasonable thing it could be. If you did something and then smelled your clutch burning it's because it didn't grab. So yea, your clutch didn't grab at 5,000 RPM. Definitely the clutch.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Of course stock clutches suck, but they won't make the transmission pop out of gear. If I launch my 92 Si at 5k, I will just sit there and smoke them (crappy tires too, haha).

When you are at a stop, rock the stick back and forth between 1st and 2nd once or twice. Kinda helps me get into 2nd also.

The transmission should never slip like that unless you didn't fully engage the gear.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yea, I've never had the problem of my transmission popping out of gear, and I've burned em down plenty of times. You probably just didn't have it fully engaged or else your transmission is going bad. How old is the car? My car has about 120K and it's still just as strong. I take care of my baby!:)

·
Registered
834 Posts
ive had em pop out when i was driving once on my old 88 prelude and my old d16y7 tranny but that was a bad shift fork that was bent... is it hard to shift into any gears?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts