Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i put my 2001 SH on autotrader last week with 21,000 miles on it and wow. The next day i get a call, and bam. I am meeting this guy this weekend and he seems very interested. i know this isn't technical, but i just got a little excited, and wanted to share with you guys...


s2k here i come
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
how much do you think you're gonna get for it? or did you already sell it? I'm really trying to get a s2K for my car also. I really really like the 2nd generation. They only changed a few things but it really made a difference IMO. Bigger nicer rims, nicer oval exhaust tail pipes, lower redline, etc. They changed like what 15% of the car? But I drove my friend's and it's so much better than the 1st gen. My friend is a salesman at Honda and says he'll give me 31K out the door but kelley blue book on my car is 16-17K anyone know how much my monthly payments would be if I financed for 36 or 60 months? I'm a broke-ass college student. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,727 Posts
I drove an s2K a couple weekends ago. To say the least....I was VERY dissapointed. I would never sell my prelude for a S2K.


The Z06 on the other hand....:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
Ya last year I acually put my lude up for sale on auto trader too, i was gonna buy a friends s2k. I got alot of calls about my lude, but no one ever came to look at it, maybe cuase it was still modified at the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
N1PreludeSH said:
Well i put my 2001 SH on autotrader last week with 21,000 miles on it and wow. The next day i get a call, and bam. I am meeting this guy this weekend and he seems very interested. i know this isn't technical, but i just got a little excited, and wanted to share with you guys...


s2k here i come
How much are you letting it go for? I'll will be putting my 2000 Lude w/50k miles up for sale soon and I hope to get around $10k. :clap
 

·
On Blakes Nuts
Joined
·
5,057 Posts
Yup the demand for nice preludes is pretty damn good. Why you ask, well there's not many 5th gens around here or even nice 4th gens. The lude is in a totally different class of style than civics and accords. I drove 400 miles each way to get my lude. I paid 13,500 for my 99 type sh with 35,000 miles on it if that helps you get an idea on what you'll get for it. Also S2000's are cool if you're young, have lots of money and have no kids. I went on a nice little twisty road behind a guy I know that has a yellow S and to say the least I was on his ass the whole time, and this was before the build. I've seen lot's of ludes hang right with S's. If you don't know how to launch them you're done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Here's the thing. I really want to get a Honda Prelude, and from searching online, I found one in my area. Here's the thing, its a 2001 Type SH w/ 35,000 miles on it, BUT ITS ONLY $8,900. I want to buy it, but there HAS to be something wrong with it, making it so cheap. Pics of it are in my profile. If i do buy it, what do u guys think i should be careful to pay attention to? thanks

EDIT
Here's a thread i started on this problem before if u want to look
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206548

I really do want to buy this car (It would be so nice to drive, as the only cars i've owned so far have been a 1993 Nissan Quest [dont ask], and my 1992 Honda Acord, which died last week.) i have the money ready and everything. But i really dont want to get screwed over later from rushing into prelude alot cheaper than market value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
dude, just go look at it and see what is wrong before you decide that there already is something wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Matt said:
dude, just go look at it and see what is wrong before you decide that there already is something wrong.
I agree...You can go on and on about what can be wrong, but you will never know unitl you see it and drive it! Low cost usually means HIGH milage or wear and tear! Make sure that Lude is not Salvaged, if so that will account for the low cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bro, with that price forget about it..there has got to be something wrong with it...


and dissapointed with the s2000? in what way just out of curiousity...i know its faster than a prelude, and its gotta handle better, or its atleast comprable...so in what way were u disspointed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,146 Posts
lOOkatme said:
I drove an s2K a couple weekends ago. To say the least....I was VERY dissapointed. I would never sell my prelude for a S2K.


The Z06 on the other hand....:)
i agree, they have a used 2001 s2000 at my work right now i can pick up for 17k with 38k miles on it and i test drove it home one night like i did with my prelude and i did not fell the same, its nice, i like the two seater part of it, i like the digital cluster and i like the seats. But for the money i would sell mine and buy a Rx7tt and keep the extra 5k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
SpecalK said:
i agree, they have a used 2001 s2000 at my work right now i can pick up for 17k with 38k miles on it and i test drove it home one night like i did with my prelude and i did not fell the same, its nice, i like the two seater part of it, i like the digital cluster and i like the seats. But for the money i would sell mine and buy a Rx7tt and keep the extra 5k
I feel you on that, IMO the S2k is a bit overpriced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
N1PreludeSH said:
and dissapointed with the s2000? in what way just out of curiousity...i know its faster than a prelude, and its gotta handle better, or its atleast comprable...so in what way were u disspointed?
id like to know too, I would take a s2k over my lude anyday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
I have to go test drive a S2000 cause all of you are making me doubt selling my lude for a S2000. I love my Lude, but it doesnt have to curves and interior of a S2000.
 

·
On Blakes Nuts
Joined
·
5,057 Posts
ecorona6 said:
I have to go test drive a S2000 cause all of you are making me doubt selling my lude for a S2000. I love my Lude, but it doesnt have to curves and interior of a S2000.
No but the lude has a back seat and lot's of potential!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
00BLKBB6 said:
Eventually I want to get a STI. I'm never going to sell the Lude.
i would highly reccommend getting an STi. I got one over the summer, best decision I ever made. Its hibernating in the winters because winters around here are rough and I dont enjoy nice little marks in my paint from sand and salkt trucks. However, from what Ive found, the STi is not a car to drive when your pissed off. lol. you'll straight up slam it into a tree, or multiple trees. i dont plan on doing anything to it except for the Perrin Intake and Perrin up-pipe and down-pipe ive already put on. blow off valve and turbo timer. nothing else is necessary. the car stock will toast ANYTHING, and I mean anything. I have a friend with a turbo type R, 2001 and its pumping lout like 340 hp. He was beat by about 6 lengths. STi rulesssss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
The 5th gen Prelude was very limited in its production run. Our 99 is SN5910 out of the total for that group. The annual number kept falling from 99-01. The S2000 is what did it in finally. Honda had to compete for the Z3 segment with something similar. I have seen an S2000 go up against a Z3 and it is amazing indeed. Then again our little CRX holds off 'vettes in the turns at Pocono and The Glen. We get blown away by the bigger bore machines on straightaways :).

Why should I sell the Prelude-because it is our second road car now. The RSX is a lot of fun for every day. The fact is that the car is an example of the timeless quality of the Prelude and Honda cars in general. Ther is a 600 still in daily use in Pittsburgh (500K and ticking). A friend of mine talked me into not buying an ITR because the 5th gen is more sophisticated-that also makes it special.

Just my 2 cents
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top