Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
lol, yeah i like driving in the ravines though lmao. i found this one, now i'm not stupid i know the 20hp and 16ft/lbs tq gains they are claiming are bs but the concept is still the same, brand starts with a "T" tan something and they're like 125 and come in a black or stainless finish. it connects and goes straight down then curves toward the bumper for fresh air, it's the only one that says you don't have to do anything to the fender wall plastic. you think that one is decent? i ain't tryin to go cheap and i'll wait another paycheck to get aem but i would like to get that sucker growlin soon

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I ain't pullin the bumper off to install an intake, I just ain't doin that, if they make one that doesn't require that then thats what I'm getting, but I just don't see why its gotta be all like that to place the filter in a better area, hell call me lazy but thats too much work for something that used to be a 10-20 min job, I know one brand advertises no bumper removal, and shows where the inake ends up and its only 125

·
Registered
397 Posts
When I took my old airbox out I didn't have to remove the bumper, just the plastic cowl or whatever under the bumper. it should have some little plastic pins you can pop out with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
okay cool, i can hang with that. i remember on my accord being able to push the filter through the plastic under the car to the hole so i could tighten clamp from the engine bay, if it's like that then no big deal but i'm seeing guys pulling their bumper off for em and i'm like what? i replaced a bumper on a svt focus and i said i'd never do a bumper unless absolutely necessary again, too many little screws that go in weird tight places. so you runnin cold air now instead of the ram?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
CAI on the car now?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
did baby have a problem installing an intake.
He's used to all the women hes been with being loose... but i don't think its them. o_O

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Damn, harsh welcome back party lol. those are good ones, you're 100% right about the women, my ex was fucking everybody so i wouldn't know tight til i shot on the first stroke...oh oh. no, it wasn't a problem it was tight lol. i haven't done shit to a car since i installed the cai on the accord which was way back before ho bag took it, that's fine though, she ran that fucker into the ground so bad if you posted a pic of it now you wouldn't even believe its the same car, it hasn't been washed since i took those pics with the integra. my next project is to replace the cut fender plastic and engine splash guard that is missing from underneathe the car this weekend, there's really no need to cut the whole bottom half of the fender well to install the filter, you can remove it like a normal person and button it back when done but someone was ignorant before me so now i get to fix their dickups. I'll let you know how difficult and tight the button or plastic rivets are, i should get a kick outta that since i'm used to wollowed out holes that nothing fit in properly, when you blow over them you get the coke bottle effect

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
oh yeah, the one problem with this particular kit was one of the hoses is rather large and doesn't fit properly so you have to do the splice the two together trick like the old days, good intentions shitty measurement taking on their part.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Geez, finally got the suspension components needed to take this puppy down a notch, i was hoping my next post to be "i got my jrsc finally" but lawyers keep taking that money from me. i had just enough extra to get springs, struts, camber bolts for the front, and adj control arms for the rear. now i just need the damn tools to do the swap out

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Alright so I installed the rear upper adj Skunk2 control arms and the passenger side acts like its binding no matter how I adjust it the outer rubber bushing keeps acting like it wants to separate leaving a gap between the connection point and the arm, there's a gap, I take it off, squeeze it back and re-align it and tighten everything back up, take it for a spin, take look and its done it again. Should I add washers? It seems like the gap is too much and when tightened it doesn't squeeze the metal sleeve like it should. Any suggestions? Is this common from Skunk2? J/c

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That's where I fucked up, I took tips from the wrong person. Makes perfect sense, that's why its better to have two people working instead of one, an extra brain and extra set of eyes. In this case your brain, mine was absent, I should know better too, I jacked the hub up while installing it but now that I think of it springs were not installed. Thanks man prob saved from buying a new bushing in about 2 months

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I re-did it the way you said to and its not as bad but still slightly off, its almost like I'd have to drive it loose to see where it settles then tighten it, the driver side is okay because it settles in the same direction of tightening the arm, passenger side your going against the natural force of the arm when you get on it. I'll get it figured out, like I said its closer than when I first installed and I keep getting it closer and those arms aren't difficult to deal with thankfully. It's only about an eighth of an inch off now

21 - 40 of 63 Posts