Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I know there are some Honda haters but this a good car, it's perfect for what I like, it's got decent power and 4 doors are a must with all these kids I got runnin around lol. Plus it has potential with a jrsc add on. And just my opinion it's my favorite body style besides the 96-00 body. I'd love to find a 99 si. My only complaint is the car is heavy, if it were as light as the 99 it would be a helluva lot quicker. Still a fun ride though

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Your 98 ls is looking sexy, very clean.

any chance in the future for the hatchback for some future mods/plans?
teg: getting a new 11.3:1 compression bottom end hopefully make 200-210whp all motor. already has a built gsr head with s2t2 cams. eventually going for a a 10:1 400whp turbo build

civic just got those wheels and tires. picking up some koni/gc sleeves tomorrow and already bought a a d16z6 to replace the failing d15. it's mostly my daily since i only paid $700 for the car

·
Registered
27 Posts
teg: getting a new 11.3:1 compression bottom end hopefully make 200-210whp all motor. already has a built gsr head with s2t2 cams. eventually going for a a 10:1 400whp turbo build

civic just got those wheels and tires. picking up some koni/gc sleeves tomorrow and already bought a a d16z6 to replace the failing d15. it's mostly my daily since i only paid $700 for the car
For sure, sounds like a cool plan for the eg.

was ur civic all stock when you purchased it?

I have a 99 Civic VP, i need to get the tranny checked out wont shift from 2nd to 3rd. thats the only problem with it as of now.

Will be adding an intake and some headers. finishing it off with a new suspension kit. still not sure what to get for it (AEM, INJEN, Skunk2, Eibach etc)

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
For sure, sounds like a cool plan for the eg.

was ur civic all stock when you purchased it?

I have a 99 Civic VP, i need to get the tranny checked out wont shift from 2nd to 3rd. thats the only problem with it as of now.

Will be adding an intake and some headers. finishing it off with a new suspension kit. still not sure what to get for it (AEM, INJEN, Skunk2, Eibach etc)
none of them... the is no HP difference between a $250 dollar intake and a $35 intake.

focus on suspension... the d-series doesn't pick up much from boltons...

yes my civic was all stock. i might turbo it down the road with a evo 16g or something or a gt28...

·
Registered
27 Posts
none of them... the is no HP difference between a $250 dollar intake and a $35 intake.

focus on suspension... the d-series doesn't pick up much from boltons...

yes my civic was all stock. i might turbo it down the road with a evo 16g or something or a gt28...
so your saying the stock intake is just fine?

also any recommendations on headers?

as for the suspension i was looking at Eibach Sport-System-Plus Suspension Kit

Sportline + Pro-Damper + Anti-Roll-Kit = Sport-System-Plus
Complete, precision engineered suspension system
Extreme performance: low look, superior cornering
Maximum lowering...around $600-650

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
so your saying the stock intake is just fine?

also any recommendations on headers?

as for the suspension i was looking at Eibach Sport-System-Plus Suspension Kit

Sportline + Pro-Damper + Anti-Roll-Kit = Sport-System-Plus
Complete, precision engineered suspension system
Extreme performance: low look, superior cornering
Maximum lowering...around $600-650
aftermarket kit will almost always be less restrictive over stock unless you have an s2000. even the $30 kit. the only real difference other than price is the filter between the kids. no pipe in the world with a filter is worth $250 dollars. not even if jesus himself rubbed his nuts on it.

when dealing with a header on a d-series they all yield similar gains/losses in the power band unless you have a fully built engine which usually leads to having an expensive port matched setup. expecting big power from an n/a d-series is a waste of time. much more cost effective to swap an f20b in there

suspension wise depends on what you want to do with the car and your budget.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts