Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 403 Posts

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its evident that people have a lot of beefs with what Cops have done to them. And since it is filling up threads I will create its own. Just remember we can't speak for what another officer has done, just try and tell you what we may have been thinkin. Also try and give as much detail, nothing like "he pulled me out and gunpoint and search my shit and called me a chicken fucker" Post with no real merit may be deleted. We may also send you to another thread to read it and it will tell you what was going on, so a good idea is to read around.

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
gsrteg said:
Here is a situation, that I would like answered:
Cop pulls over expensive car with tints with two young males in it.
Cop ask do you know why I pulled you over, young man says because I have tints on the car. Cop ask where are you going, young man answers I am on my way to see a friend. Cop ask what's your friend name that you are going to see? Young man asked the cop do you really need to know that.
Cops says, I can ask you anything I want. Young man gives the cop a false name, because he didn't think it was important for the cop to know. Cop says do you have anything in this car that I should know about? Now the young man is feeling like the cop is harassing him. Young man says no....cop then ask the passenger if he has anything illegal that he should know about?
Passenger says no, cop ask the passenger do you have any id, passenger gives him his school id. Now at this point the driver is feeling like he is being harassed, driver ask the cop what does all of this have to do with tints on my car . Cop ignores the driver question, and then ask where does your friend live that you are going to see? Driver responds and says
that he doesn't know the street address, he only knows how to get there. The cops then says well you have to give me some information to where you are going. So know driver is complete annoyed of this cop and says he is going to Best Buy. Cop says oh now you are going to best buy,
and what are you going to buy at best buy. The driver says I am going to browse around. At this point the cop tells the young driver in the expensive car that he feels that he is lying to him. He also says that they are acting suspicious. He ask both driver and passenger to step out of the car. The cop ask the driver again do you have anything illegal that I should know about? The driver says you already ask me that question and I said no.
The officer asked the driver do you mind if I search you, the driver said sure search, but I told you I had nothing, and you pulled me over for my tints, so why are we now standing on the sidewalk . At this time three cop cars pull up. The two young males are standing on the street corner and being searched. They are looking so embarrass as cars slow down to see what is going on in their nice quiet town. So now there are 5 cops at the scene, and the cop who pulled over these two young males in a expensive car, insist that they are hiding something in the car. He ask if he can search the car, the driver ask what for, the cop says it's procedure the driver says it's nothing in the car. The cop calls in for a K-9 unit, once the K9 starts sniffing around the car, the cops says we have a positive id. Two cops now begin to go through he WHOLE car, from front to back not missing a inch. You could see that they where determine to find something in the car. About 5-10 minutes later, they cops look at each other in disappointment. The cop approach the two young males and said that the K9 gave a positive ID that they were drugs in the car, but we didn't find any. So he then tells the two young males that they were drugs in the car at some point in time , but just not today. The cop says ok, you can go back in your car and sit and wait. The Cops are know talking amongst themselves and then two of them leaves. The first cop who pulled over the two young males approaches the car and hands the driver a ticket for tints, and says have a nice day with a smile. The two young males looks at each other with disbelief, they couldn't believe what just happen. But then they said, it's nothing new around here.

Ok My question is, Is this police harassment Was the cop harassing these two young males in a expensive car Did the cop assume because they were in a expensive car and that they were very young that they had to be drug dealers?
I moved this because it fits in here. I really don't know what was going on with those cops, but it seems like they followed the law. My seem harassing, but they seemed to agree to the search

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
This was a few years ago, and had nothing to do with a a car but here it goes.

Back in 8th grade, i was arrested, but then it was aquited (sp?). Anyway, heres the story. This was during P.e. we were all waiting for the bell to ring, so we wait in this small hallway, well this one guy was in the middle and someone pushed him, and then the person he got pushed into got pushed back, and so they started a mosh pit so to say with this guy in it. We'll name this guy douche bag for now. So then the next day or 2, i get called into the office, and one of the counselors yells at me and tells me to write down everything i know, and i have no fucking clue whats going on, and then she yells at me saying i know what i did. So i write down saying i have no clue whats going on. Then 5 of us get called into the principals office where there is an officer. We all sit down, and then he tells us that douchebag told his mother waht happened, and so his mother called the police, and that we were named. None of us at any time of this event were even near him, but because he knew us, he just named us, but this wasnt figured out till later. So anyway, then he tells us he is placing us under arrest, but because he didnt have enough cuffs, he cant cuff all of us. Remember, we are 13 year old kids, who have never done anything bad before, and now we are getting arrested. We were scared shitless, and this cop did not help the situation at all. He was very cold to us, and acted like we were hardened criminals. So anyway as he is reading us our rights, we all start crying cause we cant believe this is happening. So anyway, the case gets aquited cause he was lying about us pushing him. So thats why i call him douchebag cause he put us through this shit for no reason. So ya im just bitching about the cop who knew we were kids, but didnt try to at all to make this situation a little easier for us. That was just this cop, the rest of the cops are :number1 :D

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
well, he was going based on the information he had and based on that he believed you had done something criminal. And department policy usualyl requires that anyone being arrested needs to be placed in handcuffs. Its for ythe officers safety as well as the person being cuffed. As far as showing no compassion. Yea, he could have showed some. But you don't have to.

·
Registered
779 Posts
system ripped out

alright yesterday i was drivin with my friend in his cavalier and hes got a system, he had his back seat pulled down and we drove past a cop, well the cop pulled out and followed us till we got right by the cityline and he pulled us over?? he told him that his front plate cant be up in the windsheild and he was going to give him the ticket, but then he started looking around the car and noticed the speaker wires and told him his system is illeagle and he had him open the trunk? them he just ripped his cords and shit right out of his amp :eek , i was like what the fuck, can he do that???? we were not listening to music loud at all we wernt speeding, we wernt doing shit, he didnt get a ticket for the lisence plate but he said he would have rather gottin the ticket, can cops do all this?

·
Registered
88 Posts
lol holy shit i would beat that cop until he cant remember what he did that day
jk but really i wouldnt know what to do

:edit: racist cop?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
So I got pulled over... it was funny.

... I was on the way back from Minneapolis sat night headed home from a club. Was driving my roomates MX-6 due to better gas milage than the Jeep. Anyways he has rims and springs, thats it. Got pulled over. I knew I wasnt speeding I saw the cop before he even got onto the freeway. Anyways he pulls me over like 5 min after he got behind me. Comes up asks for my lic and insur., didnt have the insur card its my buddies car so he said fine. Goes and runs my lic, comes back, doesnt tell me what he pulled me over for, just asked what I was doing an hr from home. So I asked him why he pulled me over.... says my exhaust was too loud..... HUH?! Its stock exhaust, no holes or nothin cant even hear it..... so I say "are you kidding me?" He says "no I'm not. I could hear it while you were driving. I'm sick of all you punk kids with fast and furious cars with loud exhausts." And that comment pissed me off so I'm like "O really, then prove its too loud." He says "I can hear it right now, rev up your engine." I say "Hmmm thats funny.... cuz the car isnt even running" The look on his face was classic, he looks at the guages, realizes the car was off and studders out "Oh, well...ah" Then I say "do you want me to turn it on, cause I will. Its stock exhaust though your not gonna hear it." He said no and gave me my lic back. Then my smart ass said "Next time maybe you should put more thought into why your pulling a punk with a fast and furious car over for apparent reason other than you dont like them. Can I go now?" He let me go with a "Have a nice night". I love it!

Now if it was my Jeep, that has loud exhaust, shitty flowmaster muffler.

Another friend of mine got similar a while back. But the cop told him to turn the car on and accelerate... his car was already running... so hes a smart ass to, shut the car off, then turned it back on.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
hahaha, i proves a bunch of cops are assholes that abuse their powers and half the time don't even know what they're talking about. Police officers who abuse their power is worth bitching about, just as much as getting a crappy ticket.

As far as this post is concerned, I'll have to wait a little while and pick the worst story cuz G-D knows there isn't just one.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
psstoffprelude said:
hahaha, i proves a bunch of cops are assholes that abuse their powers and half the time don't even know what they're talking about. Police officers who abuse their power is worth bitching about, just as much as getting a crappy ticket.

As far as this post is concerned, I'll have to wait a little while and pick the worst story cuz G-D knows there isn't just one.
Stfu whiney bitch. You're an idiot. If you think you can do better then put in an application, pass a Psych/PAT/Medical/Interview, go through a 6-12 month background check, pass a 24-32 week academy, and then SHOW us how it should be.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Tuning 101 said:
Stfu whiney bitch. You're an idiot. If you think you can do better then put in an application, pass a Psych/PAT/Medical/Interview, go through a 6-12 month background check, pass a 24-32 week academy, and then SHOW us how it should be.
haha thanks for making a good point on how some cops are assholes. Please man, i could give two shits about what your qualification process is. I'm not saying anything else.

Maybe I know I could do better than the shitty cops, if u werent a shitty cop then it probably wouldn't offend you much. It's funny you took it so personal.

I bet you could bus tables better then the busboy that'll probably get fired next week, I'm not gettin offended or defensive or telling you to apply, doesn't threaten me one bit. And when I get a doctorate in my field I'm not gonna try to make you feel bad for probably not being able to pass whatever tests or classes I take. We all know everybody can be a busboy and the fact is you don't have to be a rocket scientist to be a PO either(even though some police officers are extremly intelligent..socially and physically), and it definately doesn't mean u can't be ignorant or egocentric if u do pass those tests. I don't got no fake ass pride in my line of work, or protect the weak chains in my work place.

See its dumb ass people like u that want to attack the first person to critisize how some cops don't do their job right. What you think you work in the one proffession where everyones perfect and does their job the right way? Please give it a rest.

Ex. Making up false charges and having 6 cop cars sit in my front driveway for hours harrassing my parents, even though my house was out of their jurisdiction when i was 15.

Or the DT who was driving like an asshole, got caught in the wrong/clogged lane at the next light cuz he didn't know how to drive(even though he's going 70 in a 45 for no reason) and if i hadn't been a good driver I woulda smashed him off the road when he cut me off like a moron trying to pass me from getting into the right lane. So I honked gave him the finger, and got in front of him and he pulled me over and starts trying to talk shit like some fukin hard ass, gives me a ticket for illegal lane change, not wearing a seat belt and tries to bust my balls about how i have something on my record from when i was a minor. YEAH I SURE DO, THE MADE UP CHARGE FROM THE FIRST TIME THEY ARRESTED ME FOR AGGRIVATED ASSAULT TO QUESTION ME ABOUT GRAFFITI WHEN I AS 15. Yeah he wasn't abusing his power :rolleyes ...I'm sure thats why the judge threw out the charge, perhaps it was because I had my seatbelt on and I jumped out of the car to tell him to learn how to drive, or maybe because I didn't make an illegal lane change. He slammed on his brakes when he saw the finger, I went in front of him when my lane allowed me to(blinker and everything).

Or maybe the staties that told me my exhaust was illegal.

The point is police officers like you, and those ones are what make good cops look bad because they get thrown in with the rest of them. Why you, because any respectible cop wouldn't say what u did.

All honesty I've met a lot more good cops then I ever expected to, and i went on with my week telling my friends and praising them. And for the record a good cop isn't just a good cop b/c he let me get away with something or gives a warning. I love and respect the good officers of the law, and the ones who have shown me respect or understanding, or even just been honest in giving me a ticket or explaining things maturely. Some that just I've talked to off duty or in the restaurant I work at, some that have given me some good advice. Even the one that got mad when i spilled water on him by accident. I get all sorts of peace officers comming in here, and I work my ass off to treat them like kings and show them respect, WHY? Because I'm greatful for what they do, and I think some of them get a lot more flak then they deserve.

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf, big bad wolf big bad wolf :lmao I think it might be that guy.

Dept., badge #... i appreciate the opportunity, but I got off all that shit, I'm just using it as examples, I got all the satisfaction I needed being found not guilty or having a case thrown out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
All right; my cop story.
Me and my friends are in my moms Doge shadow (1994)
we drive past a a station talkin sh!t and having a good time.
2 minuets later were are pulled over.
They bum rush the car. shoving their glocks threw the window.
"Get out the car, get the [email protected] out now!"
Pops open the door and begins draging me out and the car starts to rool.
I'm like: "let me put it in park first. Dam!"
throws me and my friends to the ground face first.
Pinns his knee between my shoulder blades. and starts asking me 20 questions.
Wher you comming from?
Wher you going?
What are you drinking?
Who's car is it?
What's in the trunk? Can I check?
1-Home
2-Dance practice
3-Milk and Sonny Delight
4-A boom box and a spar tire. go right ahead.

With half of my face burried in the dirt
I see 3 squad cars and a motor cycle.
6 officers holding revolvers, shotguns, and glocks on us.
Ten minutes later they remove thwe cuff and let us go.
I'm like what the hell was that all about.
The Punk bitch replies "Spot check."
No ticket. just a pinched nerv and two weeks at the chiropractor.

So cops are not psychics. they doo like truble.
Or else they wouldn't be in the job.
Admit it. you have a quota to fill.
Its easier to give tickets, then bust drug dealers.
Justice is supposed to blind, not convienent.
Oh he's a 10 min ticket, the dealer on the corner is 3 hours of paperwork.
and out on bail befor I'm finnished.
Those kids stripping that car are 3 hours apiece and juvies.
So they arn't worth the time. plus the owner should have theft insurence.
If I am speeding and you clock me. all's fair.
But when I have a Carb OE N# for all my emission mods and the scilencer in my pipe;
and one of your brothers writes me a fix-it ticket.
You have voilated my rights and my trust.
I should have taken that whole night shift to court for assult.
But I didn't because I had some misguided turst and respect for the PD.
You'r awfull brave to come on an auto forum and admit your job.
I have a half brother who is in the NYPD so now we are 1 for 1.
So where do you take it from here? it's on you.

Oh yea moral of the story.
Don't drive your mom's car drinking milk or Sunny D,
Palying the OEM radio with your friends in the car going to dance prectice.
Sell drugs insteed. :bh

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They had to have some kind of tip that would cause them to do what you stated, I find it very hard to believe it happened like you said. We as officers can get in very hot water for pulling our guns for no real reason. The only reason we ever pull weapons on a traffic stop is for stolen vehicles. That can may have fit the description of a stolen vehicle. And to have that many cops there in that amount of time, they were following you for a while, so they could group up.

As for your idea on quota's, they are illegal in the state of Florida. And to arrest some one for drugs only takes about 1 hours tops. DUI's take around 3 hours. And we like arresting people, its funner than giving citations. I have to fill out a court information sheet on all my citations, so there is paperwork for those also.

Oh and if you wanted to take them to court its a battery not assault :hehe

You'r awfull brave to come on an auto forum and admit your job.
what are you going to do? I am semi respected here, are you? and there are a couple guys who run SHO who are LEO's

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
saint said:
Oh yea moral of the story.
Don't drive your mom's car drinking milk or Sunny D,
Palying the OEM radio with your friends in the car going to dance prectice.
Sell drugs insteed. :bh
It is funny though, i did took that advice and nothing like that ever happend to me. But who the fuck drinks Sunny D and milk! Thats worse then what happend.
No dance practice: check
No mixing citrus and dairy:check
Sold drugs: check

Outcome: No knee in back. Thats solid advice my friend.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
:confused ...
I just meant maybe they weren't following him for a while, maybe they just all head towards the area and got there while he was getting pulled over or after the fact. I dunno you're the cop.

Oh and to negate sounding like selling drugs at one point is something to brag about.

DRUGS ARE BAD AND DANGEROUS! they should just be made legal so stores can sell them instead of people with guns and gold teeth :D

1 - 20 of 403 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.