Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Like this mod?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned a while back about my rear bumper diffuser idea. I was thinking of getting one of those aluminum inserts but found out the average price is $94... :wow So I came up with a better Idea, make a cheap version. Total cost $0 (for me) But if anyone wants one, i'll prolly sell these for $15 shipped pretty much anywhere.

First the idea of what I wanted. (O O O) (O O O)
Simple Photoshop:

Then I designed the sticker and cut it to the dimensions I wanted (pre-measured)
After all the clean up:

Like it? Yes it serves a purpose, just look at how much wind my back bumper catches :(

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
whats the point? :btd

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nbboy7 said:
This is a pic of my brothers lude.

Yeah, and those inserts are like $100

The purpose is to get the air out of the rear bumper that gets caught and causes DRAG.

The buddyclub rear bumper is three times more drag than a stock bumper, but im not about to drive 60+ miles to the track with no rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I honestly would not get that unless it will add serious Hp. I dont know...i dont think it looks good but thats just me. Props for your work though, great idea about selling it...who knows i might buy one just for the hell of it. let me know when you have them ready.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
:noo
sorry im not diggin it unless youre makin that much power that you need it, and at that point id just remove the rear bumper to keep the original one intact. in the case you ever sold it. or just to keep it lookin better.
nice diy work though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.