Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the reset we had a similar thread, and I thought it was valuable in keeping track of who's who on the board. Whenever we get moderators for SHO, I'll try to make this a sticky. Please keep this thread on topic...no one-on-one discussions.

I guess I'll go first:

Car: 1998 Integra Type R
Regions:
http://www.azbrscca.org/
http://www.az-region-scca.org/
http://www.scca-sopac.org/index.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~harcort/sscc.htm
http://www.nasa-az.com/

Type of racing: Solo II, open track days.

Class: SM (Solo II)

Race results, car setup, and pictures: Click Here

· Registered
150 Posts
Hope everybody will be friendy to a non-honda driver, afterall, racing is racing right? It's all about having fun, and besides it's 90% driver only 10% car :D :D

Well, i'll chime in as a realtive novice autoxer, tomorrow will be my 6th track day.

Car: 1990 Mazda Protege LX
Regions:
Los Angeles Solo2
San Diego Solo2

Type of racing: Autox Solo2

Class: STS Solo2
Car number: #187 LA / #185 SD

Race results, car pics, etc...:
My Website

· Registered
115 Posts
I am a rookie, BIG TIME, I have only been to three events this year so far. I am hooked though. I just sold my big 17's for some Kosei K1's and some Khumo 712's. I like them a lot.

anyway

car: 97 civic
region: I will be attending the DC area, I have been to two events in the Philly area, and one at VMP.
type of racing: solo 2
class: SM (turbo lag sucks :p )
results: I came in second once, but there was only two cars in my class :D

nice to meet everybody

later,

aj :)

· Registered
53 Posts
Sup everyone! I am not that much of a novice, but This will be my second season autocrossing. I was there most of last year starting around May

Car: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS

Region: Atlanta Region

Type of racing: Solo2, wishing I could attend a track day sometime

Number/Class: 81 STS

Results: I am usually smack dab in the middle, but all last year I was racing with stock suspension and worn down toyo proxies t1-s... I finally got STi struts from a 1999 jdm wrx, eibach springs & a 20mm rear sway bar (stock is like 13mm lol), as for tires I have falken azenis.

Autox is soo addictive...It doesnt matter what car you drive, as long as you autocross :D

http://atl_meet.tripod.com/image/22.jpg

*you may have to copy and paste the url into your browser*

later,
-justin

· Registered
60 Posts
YO.

been doing this on and off for a year now. im hooked just like the rest of you. im runnin my 01 SH and finish prety well. i run DSP in the NASA/ nor cal auto x at the marina air feild.

Car: 01 prelude SH
Region: Nor Cal
Class: DSP
Results: not to far from the top

its good to be back on SHO!

latz
los

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Car: 2000 Honda Civic Si
Region: Appalachian Sports Car Club #219 STS

Also started on my Solo I and Competition Licenses :)

Me this past weekend at HPDS in VIR.

Rookie of the Year for 2000
2nd Place Susquehanna Region for 2000
3rd Place PA State Championships
2nd Place Susquehanna Region for 2001
3rd Place PA State Championships
1st Place Southern NJ Region for 2001

· Registered
604 Posts
Car: '99 Si, DSP
Region: I run with the HSCC (Highlands Sports Car Club) and plan widen my horizons this eason. Anyone have any ideas around the NC/SC areas?
Results: My first time out (summer of last year) I ended up right in the middle of everyone. After the entire 2001 season, I see that I still need to work on my technique. DSP should be a lot easier to compete in. To hell with CSP and their CRX's with Hoosier slicks!

I have a Fed refund check and a huge bonus coming up, so I'll have to decide on some goodies for the car. The 2002 rulebook is on it's way to help me decide what I can and cannot do in order to ovoid getting stomped in DM.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Car: 1992 Mazda Protege LX #129 STS

Regions: Central Florida Region SCCA & GulfCoast Autocrossers Ltd.

Results: 9th @ Ft. Myers ProSolo 2002, havent lost a local to anyone but a national driver since my very first SCCA race.

Parts: Nothing great, but a couple of things in the mail.

Id like to say "its good to be back" to you guys...CivicSiRacer, Darryl!:)

· Registered
1,833 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:
Car: 1992 Mazda Protege LX #129 STS

Regions: Central Florida Region SCCA & GulfCoast Autocrossers Ltd.

Results: 9th @ Ft. Myers ProSolo 2002, havent lost a local to anyone but a national driver since my very first SCCA race.

Parts: Nothing great, but a couple of things in the mail.

Id like to say "its good to be back" to you guys...CivicSiRacer, Darryl!:)
Congrats at the Prosolo. I saw your name on the awards listing :)

· Registered
171 Posts
Hey everyone, nice to see this back up.

Just getting ready for my second(first full) season. Getting back to my stock 14's with some falkens (they're that good right?)

And adding a DC 4-2-1 Header.

Anyone know if adding a LSD is legal in CSP?

· Registered
2,548 Posts
yellow-rEx said:
Hey everyone, nice to see this back up.

Just getting ready for my second(first full) season. Getting back to my stock 14's with some falkens (they're that good right?)

And adding a DC 4-2-1 Header.

Anyone know if adding a LSD is legal in CSP?
LSD is basically NEEDED to be competitive in CSP. Also, Falkens are wonderful street tires, but they are that, street tires. If you want to be fast, invest in a set of V700s or Hoosiers.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:

LSD is basically NEEDED to be competitive in CSP. Also, Falkens are wonderful street tires, but they are that, street tires. If you want to be fast, invest in a set of V700s or Hoosiers.
I was going really fast this weekend and my Azenis tires held up great. No squeeling into the esses and my instructor had to keep asking me - "Are these real street tires?" :)

· Registered
2,548 Posts
CivicSiRacer said:

I was going really fast this weekend and my Azenis tires held up great. No squeeling into the esses and my instructor had to keep asking me - "Are these real street tires?" :)
They still arent THAT fast. :)

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Savedsol said:
'94 del Sol VTEC
CSP (Sucks! Where's SM2?)
Chicago Regional SCCA Solo2
All the basic mods + some secrets.

This will be my first full year competing.
SM2 is here at least for the 2002 season :)

· Registered
63 Posts
I haven't heard anything about it at our region, just the new SMX. I would really appreciate an SM2. Yeah, I'll be runnung against 911s and stuff but I'm not rich enough for a second set of wheels and tires. My official class is CSP ST. Plus, there is NO reason a del Sol should be in CSP with Type Rs and not DSP.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Savedsol said:
I haven't heard anything about it at our region, just the new SMX. I would really appreciate an SM2. Yeah, I'll be runnung against 911s and stuff but I'm not rich enough for a second set of wheels and tires. My official class is CSP ST. Plus, there is NO reason a del Sol should be in CSP with Type Rs and not DSP.
You can run SM2, as its in the 2002 Rule book. You might have to find some others to populate the class though.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.