Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metal Gear Online

Post your Screen Name, and arrange meetings online. I'll compile a list of screen names.

MGO SHO Members and Screen Names:

tha_con - tha_con
nationsmostwanted - nation559

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know at least SOMEONE has to play it.

Anyway, I moved into the top 100 last night for capture the frog missions....I was proud! woot.

Anyway, just bumping I suppose.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
tha_con said:
I know at least SOMEONE has to play it.

Anyway, I moved into the top 100 last night for capture the frog missions....I was proud! woot.

Anyway, just bumping I suppose.
shit man finally someone i knoe

tha_con - tha_con
nationsmostwanted-nation559

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you've got AIM or MSN you should messege me when you want to get a game in, we'll set up in a lobby and set some rules and password protect it so a bunch of asshats don't come in and ruin it.

I'll try to round up some people maybe we can get some games in.

[email protected]
con lude

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
tha_con said:
If you've got AIM or MSN you should messege me when you want to get a game in, we'll set up in a lobby and set some rules and password protect it so a bunch of asshats don't come in and ruin it.

I'll try to round up some people maybe we can get some games in.

[email protected]
con lude
since we knoe each other...let me ask u

how the hell do those people always hit me with a head shot? are they cheating somehow? when i try to use the sniper i always miss too.

how do i add u to my friends list it doesnt give me the option to add.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tips for those who want to be good: (note, this is for games of 4 or less, anything more is stupid anyway).

TURN MUSIC OFF. Foot steps are the BIGGEST give away, you hear everyone RUNNING around, just pay attention to your radar and you can tell if it's an enemy or teammate.

USE THE BOX. First off, make sure the opening is faced towards a wall, thsi makes it hard to see people in the box, and you're safer this way. You have no idea how many people just run past boxes because everyone else just runs and kills. Wait in your box, they'll run past you, SHOOT THEM IN THE BACK. Sometimes it's better if it's wide open, and they might look at you, wait a second, if you lie there, they will probably just run away. Shoot them.

AVOID FIRE FIGHTS. If you just go on a fire fight rampage, you'll probably end up only getting on kill before you die. If you wait for a kill, you can live to fight another day.

If you happen to see it, GRAB the M63. It is by far the BEST weapon in the game. It stuns like mad, and literally EATS health. This is probably my favorite weapon by far. Not always easy to come by, but when you have it, it just makes you feel manly as fuck.

KNOCK. Any time I'm in a hallway (factory or lab levels) then I use the walls and echoes to my advantage. You haev no idea how many people will just RUN into their death. Knock, peek the corner, and then if they are running your way, cap their ass, they'll have to react before they can kill you, and you'll probably win.

Well, those are my simple tools for now, if you're in a 2 v 2 game it'll be a ton of fun.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
tha_con said:
Tips for those who want to be good: (note, this is for games of 4 or less, anything more is stupid anyway).

TURN MUSIC OFF. Foot steps are the BIGGEST give away, you hear everyone RUNNING around, just pay attention to your radar and you can tell if it's an enemy or teammate.

USE THE BOX. First off, make sure the opening is faced towards a wall, thsi makes it hard to see people in the box, and you're safer this way. You have no idea how many people just run past boxes because everyone else just runs and kills. Wait in your box, they'll run past you, SHOOT THEM IN THE BACK. Sometimes it's better if it's wide open, and they might look at you, wait a second, if you lie there, they will probably just run away. Shoot them.

AVOID FIRE FIGHTS. If you just go on a fire fight rampage, you'll probably end up only getting on kill before you die. If you wait for a kill, you can live to fight another day.

If you happen to see it, GRAB the M63. It is by far the BEST weapon in the game. It stuns like mad, and literally EATS health. This is probably my favorite weapon by far. Not always easy to come by, but when you have it, it just makes you feel manly as fuck.

KNOCK. Any time I'm in a hallway (factory or lab levels) then I use the walls and echoes to my advantage. You haev no idea how many people will just RUN into their death. Knock, peek the corner, and then if they are running your way, cap their ass, they'll have to react before they can kill you, and you'll probably win.

Well, those are my simple tools for now, if you're in a 2 v 2 game it'll be a ton of fun.
i kick ass in shootouts!! good game we had..but im not into the hiding shit. i do fine kicking ass. i have no patience but ill try ur style next time :p

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NationsMostWanted said:
i kick ass in shootouts!! good game we had..but im not into the hiding shit. i do fine kicking ass. i have no patience but ill try ur style next time :p
lol, for 2 on 2 matches, if you play like me, there is absolutely no way you can lose. Especially if you're using hte M63. The yelling is just too manly for all. You shoudl really try it though, you'd be surprised how long you can live by hiding and shooting people.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
tha_con said:
lol, for 2 on 2 matches, if you play like me, there is absolutely no way you can lose. Especially if you're using hte M63. The yelling is just too manly for all. You shoudl really try it though, you'd be surprised how long you can live by hiding and shooting people.
my problem is somehow im not fast enough to equip a sniper and do a headshot like some people when they are getting shot at with a auto

i dont knoe how its possible but they do it

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NationsMostWanted said:
my problem is somehow im not fast enough to equip a sniper and do a headshot like some people when they are getting shot at with a auto

i dont knoe how its possible but they do it
Most of the time if you just aim up a tad I found you'll be more likely to get a headshot due to the extreme jitter of the weapons, it'll bounce around enough to hit the head.

Box > MGO

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
are we the only ones that play this game? ive saved u on my list. so if ur ever in snake or liquids room ill be able to find u.

i got wooped last not...i cant ever get over .500 between my kills and deaths. im like at 400 kills and like 500 deaths i think

u gona get me that saga disk?

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm about 730 on kills and 670 on deaths, haha. Not amazing, but decent.

As for the saga disc, i'm having trouble copying it, it's acting odd, I'll see if I can pass the copy stuff or whatever is on it.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
tha_con said:
I'm about 730 on kills and 670 on deaths, haha. Not amazing, but decent.

As for the saga disc, i'm having trouble copying it, it's acting odd, I'll see if I can pass the copy stuff or whatever is on it.
yea see if u get it for me..somehow when they use the shotgun...its very easy to kill me..how do i tell if im lagging or someone else is? sometimes i chase and they disappear

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if people are just disappearing it's probably you with a little lag. What happens is the data isn't hitting your PS2 fast enough, so when it does the game has to correct itself and they disappear.

And if the shotgun knocks you down, it's sure shot kill unless they haven't reloaded. If they have two shots, you're going down.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
tha_con said:
if people are just disappearing it's probably you with a little lag. What happens is the data isn't hitting your PS2 fast enough, so when it does the game has to correct itself and they disappear.

And if the shotgun knocks you down, it's sure shot kill unless they haven't reloaded. If they have two shots, you're going down.
if i have my other computers on with my dsl...does it slow it down only if im surfing or just the fact my computer is turned on will slow my connection?

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NationsMostWanted said:
if i have my other computers on with my dsl...does it slow it down only if im surfing or just the fact my computer is turned on will slow my connection?
Are you behind a router? That could very well be the problem. I had to configure my router just for my PS2 so it would run really really smoothly.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, here's a brief rundown of what you'll have to do.

Open up Internet Explorer.

type in: 192.168.1.1

A name/pass prompt should pop up, the pass should be "admin".

When you reach your config page, you should see a link tab that say's "status"

I want you to click on that.

Then you'll need to copy the following numbers:

Subnet Mask
DNS 1
DNS 2

After you've copied those, I want you to turn on your PS2, and go to the network config screen (you can get here through MGS3, you have to say "I want to use different settings" when going online, then select "network configuration").

Now edit your current config file, and you're going to plug in those numbers for your PS2 (the subnet mask, the DNS 1 and DNS 2). You will also need an IP address. Generally, it will be: 192.168.1.100, but for the purpose of DMZ opening, I want you to make hte IP address 192.168.1.111 (this will avoid your router giving the IP to any other computers). Save the settings and test them, it should connect.

Now, I want you to go back to your setup page, and see if there's a "Applications and Gaming" tab. If there is, click on it.

There should be a sub tab here, named "DMZ". All you ahve to do is click it, and then enter in the IP address you assigned your PS2, and click "enable".

Now all your ports shoudl be open, and your connection should function much better, not to mention you'll be able to create games.

Lastly, if it still doesn't work, you'll want to just turn off the firewall while you play. Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts