Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORRY THIS MEET HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN
check back again soon for news on rescheduling.

That's right folks, it's time to welcome the new year with another SoCal Meet! This time, we got two events in one day! First up is the canyon run thru Azusa. We'll be going up one side and be coming down the other. After the canyon runs, we'll head out to SpeedZone for some go-kart action :)

The date is set for Saturday Feb 19. We will start the canyon runs pretty early in the morning so we can try to avoid the traffic. We'll break for lunch (i'd recommend something really cheap so you have money for later) and meet up again at speedzone around 2-3pm. This begins the chat session where we can check out each other's cars and just talk about whatevers and get to know your fellow members. This part usually takes REALLY long :hehe After becoming good friends, we'll head inside where they become your arch rivals as we battle it out on the karts :lol

Of course, all the details will be ironed out as the date gets closer, so stay tuned. You guys can invite people from other boards and you can bring how ever many people you'd like...the bigger the group, the better :tu I know some of you guys might not be able to make both events, and that's cool too. You're still welcome to join us :nod

If you guys have any questions, feel free to hit me up at 951 545 5599, or just shoot me an email at [email protected]. Also, I'll be sending out an email to all the people i have on the SoCal SHO mailing list. If you didn't get an email from me, it means you're not on the list or your information is incorrect. Please email me your Real name, Phone number, Email Addy, SHO Screen Name, and AIM Screen Name if you've got one. Don't worry, i won't sell your info out. I just keep a database for when we put out events like this.

I'm gonna go do some scouting runs in the upcoming days to find places to meet up and see which side would be better to go up and come down. So til then, happy driving and keep safe :tu

-Allen

Addresses to MapQuest:
SpeedZone:
17871 Castleton
City of Industry, CA 91748

GMR:
Falling Springs, CA

Confirmed Lists as of Feb3

Both Events
UltraMagneticAL - Allen ~ Silver MR-S
blackdoutrsx +1
boostaholic - steve ~ WRX STi
Miller Time - Stephen ~ 5gen Prelude

Canyon Run only
Cryogen97 - Matt ~ H22A Accord (friend maybe)
l00katme - Andy ~ 5gen Prelude (maybe)
boostedMR-S - Jae ~ Widebody MR-S (maybe)

SpeedZone only
civicbaybie - Christin - Red EG hatch. +???
MrBB6 - Austin ~ 5gen Prelude
rolipoliazn - ken ~ ??? (maybe)

·
Registered
35 Posts
im down for both along with my homie with a 1991 integra

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Confirmed Lists as of Jan 25

Both Events
UltraMagneticAL - Allen
blackdoutrsx +1
boostaholic - steve

Canyon Run only

SpeedZone only

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'm definatly in for the canyon run. the speedzone is kinda iffy right now. That place is expensive. Might be bringing my friend with his new (to him) BMW to let him test out his suspension setup.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know speedzone can be a little expensive, but that shouldn't stop you guys from just hanging out in the parking lot to just chill :)

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
btw.. i never did a canyon run with your guys..

yall don't go buck wild as if your ass is on fire right?

just wondering~ becuse last time i went there i really pushed my car to the limit...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
it's not exactly white knuckled, we like our cars too much to start looking for the limits.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
boostaholic said:
btw.. i never did a canyon run with your guys..

yall don't go buck wild as if your ass is on fire right?

just wondering~ becuse last time i went there i really pushed my car to the limit...
60-70%

i'm not too fond of doing 10/10ths in canyons :eek

in my backyard touge, i drive between 8-9/10ths

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey strangers :p

I don't think I'm going to come out for the Canyon Run, but I'm down to meet up with you guys with a couple of my friends at Speed Zone (not sure how many of my friends I'm bringing with me, but I'll keep you guys posted if need be). Sign me up for SpeedZone, Al :)

civicbaybie - Christin - Red EG hatch.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Confirmed Lists as of Jan 26

Both Events
UltraMagneticAL - Allen
blackdoutrsx +1
boostaholic - steve
Miller Time - Stephen - 5g Prelude (Both or just one?)

Canyon Run only
cryogen97

SpeedZone only

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Confirmed Lists as of Feb2

Both Events
UltraMagneticAL - Allen ~ Silver MR-S
blackdoutrsx +1
boostaholic - steve ~ WRX STi
Miller Time - Stephen ~ 5gen Prelude

Canyon Run only
Cryogen97 - Matt ~ H22A Accord (friend maybe)

SpeedZone only
MrBB6 - Austin ~ 5gen Prelude

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would be there so fast, but i work every weekend.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I can probably do the canyon run....

1 - 20 of 134 Posts