Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[Note: Please read the entire thread before commenting, if you miss something that has been gone over in this thread already your post will be ignored]

I wanted to start a thread where we can take suggestions as far as improvements go to the site. It is not completed nor is the server at 100% at this point and we are working towards that goal. There are a lot of scattered threads on the site (Mostly in the OT section) as far as suggestions to improve the place or put it back to the way it was, etc.

So, please put your suggestions in here. Please do so in a respectful and courteous manner or your post will be deleted. Communication works much better when you can be calm and to the point as opposed to using expletives and words like 'teh gay' all the time.

Multiple Styles/Themes - This is in the works, however we will not be attacking that until we get all the "other" bugs worked out that are not theme specific. Once we complete this theme and get it working 100% we'll have other color/theme options following that.

So, lets start things off with a list of suggestions/changes that you would like to see and we'll see what we can do.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
All the stuff on the left side of the page should be optional....

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Get rid of the add on the left side of the sit, it throws the forum off for me, can we move em to top or bottom of the page.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
please for the love of jesus, give me back my photopost and please please oh please tell me you havent lost all those pics.

i had my canadian smiley in there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the stuff on the left side of the page should be optional....
Get rid of the add on the left side of the sit, it throws the forum off for me, can we move em to top or bottom of the page.
We are working on giving you the ability to turn off the entire left sidebar on the thread pages which is where it is probably most important. I hope to have that completed in the next 10 minutes.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
We are working on giving you the ability to turn off the entire left sidebar on the thread pages which is where it is probably most important. I hope to have that completed in the next 10 minutes.
that would be greatly appreciated, it's really a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
shut this place down if the originator can't have any say in what happens to his creation...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who are you?
Myself and a couple other people were brought on board to upgrade the site to add features and fix a ton of security holes that were present in the old verison of VB. vBulletin is up to 3.6.8 -- the old site was running 3.0.X. The upgrade was a necessity and the older "templates" were not anywhere close to compatible with the new software.

please for the love of jesus, give me back my photopost and please please oh please tell me you havent lost all those pics.

i had my canadian smiley in there.
The photopost again was too old to work with the new software, so an upgrade is in the works. All the data and images are still there. It's on the todo list to get it back.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
shut this place down if the originator can't have any say in what happens to his creation...
imo shouldn't have sold it then, and if he asking us for imput on the site, I think he would listen to any imput Mike would have to give. But again when it comes to mod stuff, he did sell the site.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
Myself and a couple other people were brought on board to upgrade the site to add features and fix a ton of security holes that were present in the old verison of VB. vBulletin is up to 3.6.8 -- the old site was running 3.0.X. The upgrade was a necessity and the older "templates" were not anywhere close to compatible with the new software.

The photopost again was too old to work with the new software, so an upgrade is in the works. All the data and images are still there. It's on the todo list to get it back.
then i feel you all should have 2007 join dates. you're all new to the site. i dont want people to get the wrong idea and think that you actually have something to do with sho

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
1. do you mean all the ads over there will be gone? cause first of all, why have ads at all if users have an option to get rid of them, and second, isnt that part of the plan to 'sell out' as people have said...we never had ads like this before...

2. also, i have to agree with dom to let everyone keep their old admin titles

3. just a general clean up, multiple links to the same page, two places welcoming you to the site and giving stats/last post/messages

4. i checked briefly, but is there a thread that anyone has posted giving any detail of what happened and why and what we can expect for the future from SHO?

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
1. do you mean all the ads over there will be gone? cause first of all, why have ads at all if users have an option to get rid of them, and second, isnt that part of the plan to 'sell out' as people have said...we never had ads like this before...

2. also, i have to agree with dom to let everyone keep their old admin titles

3. just a general clean up, multiple links to the same page, two places welcoming you to the site and giving stats/last post/messages

4. i checked briefly, but is there a thread that anyone has posted giving any detail of what happened and why and what we can expect for the future from SHO?
mike sold sho over a year and a half ago to modified mag. thats what happened. then he banned a lot of members. now a "redesign" to make sure that the new sho has nothing in common with the old sho

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
then i feel you all should have 2007 join dates. you're all new to the site. i dont want people to get the wrong idea and think that you actually have something to do with sho
Why should I have a 2007 join date when I joined this site in 2002? Check out my userid #.

Just because someone does not post does not mean they don't lurk.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
what Dave said.

i mean honestly, not to be a dick or anything, but yea u comin in and havin an OG join date dont sit right. i mean we all know rep is absolutly worthless now, and thanks to the penicl pushers and the OT section post count dont mean anything.

but join date is generally where its at.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Why should I have a 2007 join date when I joined this site in 2002? Check out my userid #.

Just because someone does not post does not mean they don't lurk.
so your telling me..... that u signed up 5 years ago and never posted a single thing ever. then suddenly you become the new admin.

edit: wow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I always laugh when I hear the term 'sell out' -- Who's selling out? We all agree that running a site like this costs money and time. Someone has to pay for it. Users browse this site for free, in exchange advertising is shown.

We realize that users should have a choice to disable some of the advertising, and thats what we are giving. You won't be able to disable it all, but you will be able to disable some of it.

Seems fair to me.

Many of the links and features help out new users. I realize this is cumbersome for some of the veterans, but a balance must be struck between being too terse and being too verbose.

We want to take care of the bugs, features, requests and speed issues before we really make a future direction thread. Any thread like that right now would just be tainted with the issues we are trying to deal with right now. I'm sure you'd agree :)

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
If for some reason the ads cannot be disabled, please watch the appropriateness of them. I've come across a few ads already that could get people in trouble at work...or at home lol.

1 - 20 of 549 Posts