Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
eh, I'll take intelligence over fast when it comes to women any day of the week ;)

Unless I'm in a strip club. All bets are off.
i think we should give premmies more features/less ads too

·
Registered
12,435 Posts
I'm just a car nut who happens to be a computer geek as well. I have a bit of experience with forums (vbulletin) and a bit of unix so I've been brought on board to help out with some of the vertical scope sites.

As mentioned already I've been around a lot of the larger car forums for a LONG time. My first real forum that I called home was supraforums.com back in the day where I've been a member since 2001. That was not my first forum, just the first one I spent a lot of time at.
word, so are you planning on becoming a regular here or what?

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
i actually like the user cp box on the left ....but the other shit needs to go....and the avril lavigne ads too:fear

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
couldn't agree more. i've got a pentium notebook, amd desktop. although the notebook wasn't by preference, but by cost. processor is good, alot of the other hardware is complete crap though. stay away from toshiba notebooks is all i can say. nothing but problems and BSOD's since i got this turd. and i'm in the middle of converting to FC6 at home, so half the time i'm pretty much out of a computer except when i'm at work.
We use PC's for servers (sun boxes mostly) running freebsd... but as far as workstations and such I've been all apple for the past 4 or 5 years.

The power of unix and a good desktop OS together -- tough to beat.

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I've just bought a new E6400 for my puter :D And getting my wc system set up as well. 2x 120.2 rads, 2 pumps....volt modded 8800GTS. wee

Puter nerds ftw

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
i actually like the user cp box on the left ....but the other shit needs to go....and the avril lavigne ads too:fear
The avril ads have been filtered already. I expect them to stop showing up (tho, I have not seen one) in the next 45 minutes or so.

I'll be around as much as time permits... but I am always around for a PM if something goes wrong people can always hit me up that way and I'll get an email notice and get on it.

i think we should give premmies more features/less ads too
Fo sho. Its in the works as well.. I think we only have 20 paid members tho at this point.

I'll bbiab, I gotta set up the left column disable.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i know some crapple lovers. i really don't see the big difference between mac/windows boxes if you're just going to be surfing the interweb, downloading pictures from your camera, crap like that.

only reason i'm attempting to transition to fedora at home is because i *may* be getting a job being a RHLE4 admin, which i hear is similar to FC6. so i want as much practice as possible, but with my menageri of hardware, it's proving a bit difficult getting it all up and running, lol.. and i had osx on my desktop for awhile, which was ... different.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
yea we only have 20 because theres no real advantage to having the account :p
exactly. the only advantage is getting a custom user title. take away avatars from reg. members, and i'll be a premie again. it will save bandwidth as well.

give me the option to roam ad-free alone and i'd seriously consider it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
werd and "el calor " too:rolleyes
ekool and I are working together on the site. We actually met through car racing and have been friends ever since. As for forums, while he was on SupraForums.com I was hanging out at Z06Vette.com :) We are true car enthusiasts who can help keep forums open while adding nice new features to the site and increasing its member base.

you sound like my kind of nig. :tu
That makes three of us :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
you sound like my kind of nig. :tu
I've just bought a new E6400 for my puter :D And getting my wc system set up as well. 2x 120.2 rads, 2 pumps....volt modded 8800GTS. wee

Puter nerds ftw
Man, thats greek to me :) I've been apple so long I don't keep up on PC stuf. Dascrow does tho, he used to own a computer store so he's all in the know.

i know some crapple lovers. i really don't see the big difference between mac/windows boxes if you're just going to be surfing the interweb, downloading pictures from your camera, crap like that.
Thats one of the beauties of it.. not having to worry about adware, spyware, trojans, ms updates, etc. etc. it just works. And, logically at that. I went from hard core PC guy to just trying out an apple and I was worried that it would take me years to get acclimated to it and learn it at the level that I knew PC stuff.... it took a day. Because everytime I thought about something and said to myself "it would be cool if I could just do this and have X happen" and I would do it, and it would work. installing applications, removing applications, all very logical.

only reason i'm attempting to transition to fedora at home is because i *may* be getting a job being a RHLE4 admin, which i hear is similar to FC6. so i want as much practice as possible, but with my menageri of hardware, it's proving a bit difficult getting it all up and running, lol.. and i had osx on my desktop for awhile, which was ... different.
I'd check out centOS instead then: http://www.centos.org - same exact thing as RHEL but without having to pay for it.

yea we only have 20 because theres no real advantage to having the account :p
We'll fix that up ;)

exactly. the only advantage is getting a custom user title. take away avatars from reg. members, and i'll be a premie again. it will save bandwidth as well.

give me the option to roam ad-free alone and i'd seriously consider it.
Once we get this stuff worked out we'll open it up for some ideas as to what to offer.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
ekool and I are working together on the site. We actually met through car racing and have been friends ever since. As for forums, while he was on SupraForums.com I was hanging out at Z06Vette.com :) We are true car enthusiasts who can help keep forums open while adding nice new features to the site and increasing its member base.

That makes three of us :D
okay really seriously.

true intro's are in order. i dunno if u saw the pencil pushers thread, but we all know each other by first names.

so yea, seriously. i think its cooler to be able to hit up the admins and refer to them as their name. specially if you are a regular user. (it makes us like you a little more)

·
Registered
49,788 Posts
okay really seriously.

true intro's are in order. i dunno if u saw the pencil pushers thread, but we all know each other by first names.

so yea, seriously. i think its cooler to be able to hit up the admins and refer to them as their name. specially if you are a regular user. (it makes us like you a little more)
exactly, this is mainly why everyone is so upset

its like having someone come into your home and reorganizing your sock drawer and not even introducing themselves :hehe

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

its like having someone come into your home and reorganizing your sock drawer and not even introducing themselves :hehe
Just for the record, feel free to do this for me anytime. Also, there are dishes that need to be cleaned, laundry to be done and I think the shower area could use a little attention as well.

okthxbye

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
:ninja

I'd hope so greg, lol what kind of admins would they be if they weren't :hehe

·
Registered
37,992 Posts

werd yo. i know they ruffled ryanyo's sock drawer

Just for the record, feel free to do this for me anytime. Also, there are dishes that need to be cleaned, laundry to be done and I think the shower area could use a little attention as well.

okthxbye
i'll take that as a no.

·
Registered
49,788 Posts

okthxbye
:lol touche

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Reactions: Meso Teggy
41 - 60 of 549 Posts