Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I just wanted to share my excitement with you all, today my eibach sportlines along with tockico blues came in,in a short while megan h-brace will arive along with omni LCA's,then sometime next week the act HD street/strip clutch will be here.(30 hour week+school= :wallbash: )

now for a lengthy to do list :)

ok where shall we start?
-ES motor mounts
-ACT 12lb flywhel+ ACT street/strip clutch
-Timing belt,water pump,AEM cam gear
-Eibach sports(1.75 front/1.5 rear),tockicko blues,megan h-brace
-some noob VAFC,timing gun and cam gear tuning on the dyno :)

Im also in the proces of fabricating the fallowing out of alluminum(tried SS but to hard to cut holes in and drill)
-3-point strutbar
-2-point rear strut bar
-lower control arm brace.

all togeter for all three it will cost me ~85 bucks to fab up im hoping,so far I have invested 45 hopefully not much more goes in :)

one quick question would it be easyer to do all of the stuff I listed by just pulling the engine out? I have an engine lift I can barrow.

any tips on how to make this setup better is very welcome along with any positive/negative opinions,also I plan on autocrossing what class will all of this grop me into?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
sounds good man.. the omni LCA's are awesome, You will love them.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Do the T belt, water pump first.

I feel ya though man as I am in the next week or so going to be overloaded with parts I have ordered. I got my black housing headlights and gauge cluster today now I am waiting on

B & M Short Shifter
DC Sports lower tie car
Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold

Paying for a 95 ex tranny Monday and buying new motor mounts/ clutch Friday.

Then after that I have to get the body on the hatch prepped for paint being the motor is not in it, find a drivers door and both door panels, buy my direct port n2o setup.

I am also this week buying a B18B to build for later this year.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
commador said:
....how can you tell?
by walking up to my car from behind :ninja

·
Registered
210 Posts
just put my act 12lb flywheel in, its awesome car is very rev happy, good luck

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
commador said:
...yes..they LOOK better....but do they WORK better?
yes they do work better, stockers are stamped steel they flex like crazy under high load, also once the car is droped the geamotry changes and the LCA's help correct the geometry and they weigh about 2lbs less a pice(lol not a big deal at all)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
mabey on a 6th gen they are stamped steel, but you really have any idea of how much force it takes to flex them? Funny, type r's have stamped LCA's....

And most aftermarket LCA's have the same bushing location, so they do not change geometry. As for being lighter, perhaps some are. But honestly, most people buy them for looks. If you buy them because "they work better" then you probably also think tie bars and strut bars also make a difference.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
commador said:
mabey on a 6th gen they are stamped steel, but you really have any idea of how much force it takes to flex them? Funny, type r's have stamped LCA's....

And most aftermarket LCA's have the same bushing location, so they do not change geometry. As for being lighter, perhaps some are. But honestly, most people buy them for looks. If you buy them because "they work better" then you probably also think tie bars and strut bars also make a difference.

the 98+ ITR didnt have the stamped ones so Im presuming that honda found something out, also the R had strut bars( no flex points) and yes hey do do something if they are solid mount the 10 dollar ebay POS bars dont do anything.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Not really. They do about the same as frame locks. Its more for feeling solid that increasing handling performance. Think its not true? Look at a 3 point bar. Now where is there any structural reenforcement from a thin piece of metal on the firewall? There isnt. It ties the firewall to the towers to make the car feel more solid.

Back to the subject at hand, LCA's dont do much for performance. Get ES bushings in the factory ones.

Now, to your original question, yes, pull the engine. It will be much easier to do the clutch and t belt and all (like I just did) with it out of the car.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
commador said:
Not really. They do about the same as frame locks. Its more for feeling solid that increasing handling performance. Think its not true? Look at a 3 point bar. Now where is there any structural reenforcement from a thin piece of metal on the firewall? There isnt. It ties the firewall to the towers to make the car feel more solid.

Back to the subject at hand, LCA's dont do much for performance. Get ES bushings in the factory ones.

Now, to your original question, yes, pull the engine. It will be much easier to do the clutch and t belt and all (like I just did) with it out of the car.
yup thats very true it really doens stiffen but gives better feedback to the driver which never hurts.

Ive decided to not pull the engine just take off all of the accesories like AC,PS,Alt.

thanks so much for the nice conversation

rep+ :)

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kommon_sense said:
Looks good. Toss the eibachs and get some h&r's.
yes the h%r are MUCh better then eibach but I got all of the springs and shocks 300 shipped, these are just temoporary untill D2 coilovers

PS:kommon saw your write up about eibach Vs. H&R good stuff

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
yup thats very true it really doens stiffen but gives better feedback to the driver which never hurts.

Ive decided to not pull the engine just take off all of the accesories like AC,PS,Alt.

thanks so much for the nice conversation

rep+ :)

glad to keep things alive.

But if you are doing a clutch as well, you may as well pull the engine.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Tim, my strut bars gave me mad vtak and caused me to roast off my tires shifting to 5th with my y7 tranny :wow

And im not sure if the LCA's work better because i threw them on with the coilovers.. So of course theres a big difference. But i got them for looks. You know how sexy it is at night when people are drivign behind me and all they see is mad hardware. they get scared man.. real scared.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
OnBoostD16 said:
Tim, my strut bars gave me mad vtak and caused me to roast off my tires shifting to 5th with my y7 tranny :wow

And im not sure if the LCA's work better because i threw them on with the coilovers.. So of course theres a big difference. But i got them for looks. You know how sexy it is at night when people are drivign behind me and all they see is mad hardware. they get scared man.. real scared.

yeah, and if they just so happen to like it,.....well, you know the rest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.