Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....is simply because it would be so powerful that it would take away from the s2000.

Type S is 220 hp, I would imagine that a type R of the same car would have to have at least 20hp more, and be a lot lighter to make it a true "race car". this would probably put it in the same league as the s2000 (240hp), and make the prelude one the most powerful sports car in the honda line up under 30k USD,

I'm sure it would almost as fast as the much lighter s2000..

just a theory of mine, please offer your opinions....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Was the S2000 even a concept when the 5th generation of Preludes rolled around? I just think Honda saw no need to go beyond the Prelude Type S, though I am kind of curious as to how they would lighten a Prelude with a Type R badge on it. Well...besides just removing the sunroof and radio :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
honda didnt make a prelude-R because theres no need for one :) plus they already have the type-s , which is consider the R for prelude :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
well i'm glad they didn't make a Type R for the lude...it's bad enough we have to deal with Integras RS trying to be Type R's...the last thing we see is a prelude trying to be an R...although i've allready seen it...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Murdah One said:
well i'm glad they didn't make a Type R for the lude...it's bad enough we have to deal with Integras RS trying to be Type R's...the last thing we see is a prelude trying to be an R...although i've allready seen it...
lolz , ive seen alot of itr (with sunroof:)) as well as prelude type R out there :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
SpanishRicer said:
though I am kind of curious as to how they would lighten a Prelude with a Type R badge on it. Well...besides just removing the sunroof and radio :rolleyes:
They could easily drop 150 pounds or more. If they remove the sunroof, manual windows and locks, remove all the insulaltion, replace the ATTS with a real lsd, lighter wheels and seats, lighter free flowing exhaust, etc..... They didn't make a PTR because the Prelude was never designed to be a 10/10ths racer. It was supposed to be a sofisticated canyon carver. Same class as say a Chrysler Sebring.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i see prelude type R's all the time :p along with integra type r's with sunroofs, civic type r's and even the occasional domestic type r :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I put a Prelude Type R sticker on my car……..it just looks good, didn’t do it cuz I have mode or anything….i don’t have any mode, but I like the look of it…I’m thinking of putting an SC on it…that’s as close as I’ll get to a type R……..it’s all good :cool:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Why advertise something you don't have? They never even made a Type R Lude. Just because you install a sc does not make it a Type R. I don't think people realize the amount of R&D it takes to have the R badge. Jeez, I don't think M3's have this problem. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
who really cares....here's my theory....there never was a prelude type R never ever ever, so people just need to relax aight my doods. In my opinion, if you mod your car for racing purposes or whatever and you want to put the type R sticker on your car go for it. After all, by modding it, you have made it a little more faster and more towards a "type racing kind of car". However, regarding the M class or the integra type R (since these cars actually exist), i would say you can't put a type R logo or M logo on those types of cars b/c the type R and M logos are classics and no matter what you do to your car, if its not a type R, it doesn't make it the original one.
Bottom line: Don't lie. Take my car for example okay....I have a 93 teg and i put the sticker DOHC R on the side window. I did this b/c the statement "Type R" would be a lie, but just the R is not. The "R" is simply Honda's racing R thats all.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
g2teg93 said:
who really cares....here's my theory....there never was a prelude type R never ever ever, so people just need to relax aight my doods. In my opinion, if you mod your car for racing purposes or whatever and you want to put the type R sticker on your car go for it. After all, by modding it, you have made it a little more faster and more towards a "type racing kind of car". However, regarding the M class or the integra type R (since these cars actually exist), i would say you can't put a type R logo or M logo on those types of cars b/c the type R and M logos are classics and no matter what you do to your car, if its not a type R, it doesn't make it the original one.
Bottom line: Don't lie. Take my car for example okay....I have a 93 teg and i put the sticker DOHC R on the side window. I did this b/c the statement "Type R" would be a lie, but just the R is not. The "R" is simply Honda's racing R thats all.

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
my car is sticker free and its going to stay that way. keep your damn respect.

·
Registered
55 Posts
g2teg93 said:

Well put……..i agree

·
Registered
55 Posts
What of it….if people want to put stickers on let them and if people don’t they hey that’s the choice they make……….but respect peoples opinion and choices……..you guys sound like a vegetarian who is telling people not to eat stake cuz it’s flesh…..Hey if I want to eat lamb then I will eat the damn lamb……

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Auz said:
What of it….if people want to put stickers on let them and if people don’t they hey that’s the choice they make……….but respect peoples opinion and choices……..you guys sound like a vegetarian who is telling people not to eat stake cuz it’s flesh…..Hey if I want to eat lamb then I will eat the damn lamb……
Very well put, just make sure it's fully cooked :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.