Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I got the ’00 civic dropped. I had a shop install Eibach sportlines. It’s now got a gap of about 1 finger in back, and a little less in front. I am hearing a scrape when I take sharp turns, (like out of a parking space) even at very slow speeds. When I make a right turn, the scrape comes from the driver side front. It happens on the passenger side too, but not as much, because the driver side is a little lower. Bumps at high speed also cause a scrape. It sounds like it is just the tire rubbing on the plastic lining in the finder. I can’t see any damage, marks, or scratches. My car is not lower than any other tuned civic, so I wonder how other people fixed this problem. I really don’t like that sound. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

· Registered
173 Posts
I think the drivers side scrapes more because you sit on that side when my friend is in my car it scrapes on both sides...

anyone know how to fix this problem>
i was thinking maybe smaller tires?!?
i'm running on 14" blackies with a 1.5 drop and i'm scraping:mad:

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A scrape on 14s with a 1.5 drop? wow, I don't think smaller wheels will help me then. I am on 17s, I'll put my 14s back on and see what happens.

I have a question. Is everyone having the same thing happen, and I should just forgit about it?

· Registered
12,727 Posts
Eibach for some reason aren't making that great of products...I found this out buying sportlines which just dumped my car...they are too soft of spring rates for that low of a drop...I suggest switching to coilover sleeves or different springs.

· Registered
173 Posts
I'm runnin KYB AGX and neuspeed sport springs on my gsr and i have 14" blackies with 175/70/14 and my tire scrapes in metal on the inner fender . do i need to get a smaller size tire or is something wrong?:confused:

· Registered
145 Posts
the reason they rubb the inside of the fender

is

1- your tires are fucking wide
2- your dropped 2 low

Im dropped like 3.5 inchs with my skunk 2s on si rims.. and i barely hear a scraping sound

Either.. Raise your car a bit.. or dont get so wide tires..

· Registered
145 Posts
#17 said:
I'm runnin KYB AGX and neuspeed sport springs on my gsr and i have 14" blackies with 175/70/14 and my tire scrapes in metal on the inner fender . do i need to get a smaller size tire or is something wrong?:confused:
U got some FAT tires.. 70 series?

GOOD LORD

even stock EX tires are 65 series..

I say downgrade to 55 series at least *si stock tire size*..

175 is ok..id get some 195 instead.. more patch of tire on the road.. equals better handling

Your set up after that shouldnt rub at all :) *dont quote me on that*

· Registered
145 Posts
The offset of your rims/tires could also be the problem..

remember.. they to match Stock Specs if u can.. Since stock is how honda made it ..

but i swore i had a 42 offset/40ish.. and My 17's rubbed

if someone can Post the STOCK offset for EX steelies and SI rims.. Id be happy.. and grateful

Stay without factory specs

· Registered
173 Posts
wouldn't that look kinda goofy i meana lower profile tire on 14" blackies ...not that i'm complaining about looks heh i run on 14" blackies plus black spraypainted hood,top, and trunk...:D

· Registered
49 Posts
intake said:
the reason they rubb the inside of the fender

is

1- your tires are fucking wide
2- your dropped 2 low

Im dropped like 3.5 inchs with my skunk 2s on si rims.. and i barely hear a scraping sound

Either.. Raise your car a bit.. or dont get so wide tires..
well the reason your not scraping is because your on really stiff spring rates compared to eibach sportlines.

but back to the topic, the scraping thing is a common thing on the new civics and integras. my girlsfriends car is on sportlines too(00 civic) and does the same. my friends 97 gs-r is on sportlines and just as well scrapes. so you guys aren't the only ones. try getting adjustable shocks and stiffen up the damping see if that helps, if not just bend up that vertical metal that is rubbing on the tires.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
When you buy aftermarket wheels and tires you should get a +42 offset. Also make sure your tires are the same overall size.

Check out www.tirerack.com

They have an article explaining plus sizing.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spikeymike,
that's really helpfull! exactly the info that I was looking for! thanks! I am going to roll the rear finders, remove the front finder guards, check out exactly what's sticking out down there (I think it's the mount for the headlight) maybe bend that up into the finder. then I am going to correct the camber and buy some Koni adjustable shocks OR KYB AGX. I'll stiffen it up a little bit so I don't bounce up and down so much. After that I should be ready to move on to anti roll bars! Thanks man!

By the way, for others reading this, suspension really is one of the most fun things to do to a car. I love to drive around those turns with a MAX SAFE SPEED of 15 MPH.

My car may not be fast, but I can take that turn fast!

· Registered
49 Posts
hey daft, there was an article in one of the old Super Street or Sport Compact magazines in which they solved the scraping problem in the front by bending up the vertical piece of metal that sticks down. it was done on a 2000 civic si. i have the issue somewhere, i'll try finding it and post how they did it.

· Registered
58 Posts
well i am with everyone on this i scrape like hell in the front car is dropped about 2.75 and i have 17's but it rubbs on the plastic cover under the fender just gotta pull it out and pound over the vertical weld so i dotn slash a tire and as for the back i just rolled the lip on the wheel well and everything is fine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.