Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought another 94 d16z6 sol and its been sittin for a while because i had to put a new clutch in my s4 and now the sol wont start again! it does just about everything but start everythings sounds like its bout to start up but then nothing.WTF does anybody have any ideas where to start?

· Registered
782 Posts
First thing to check would be that your ignition wires are all inserted and correctly attached to the distributor.

But what is your engine actually doing? What does it sound like? Is it sputtering or clicking or priming? Be a little more descriptive and we might be able to help out.

· Registered
782 Posts
We still need some more specific information about what is and what isn't happening.

Checking your fuses can help. But usually fuses don't just blow while your vehicle is sitting around. The main ignition relay could be the culprit as it would let your fuel pump prime and what not but the engine wouldn't start. Your starter could be bad if you can't hear it engaging. You could have a bad distributor or plug wires as they can loose their effectiveness over time.
Have you checked that the battery has enough voltage and amperage to start your car? Batteries have a way of dying if they aren't used frequently enough and sometimes there is enough juice to prime the fuel pump and turn the starter a little but not enough to actually start the car.

So, tell us what is happening and we will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.