Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have the sub and amp installed. i started to make a cardboard outline for the piece of wood ill be putting in. the sub is behind and the amp will be mounted where the 2 pieces of paper are.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
ACCORDDUST said:
so i have the sub and amp installed. i started to make a cardboard outline for the piece of wood ill be putting in. the sub is behind and the amp will be mounted where the 2 pieces of paper are.
The sub will be behind the wood? All closed off? Is that good?
Aren't you wasting a lot of space this way?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
is that airspace absolutly necessary for 1 10"??
I mean it does look like you're just going to end up wasting a lot of space, that and i wouldn't aim the cone at the compartment imo you get a cleaner sound if you aim it into the trunk so it uses the trunk space as a box..but maybe that's just me

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
BBs99 said:
i like my setup. pretty straight forward, still have lots of space in the trunk and a good sound.
Hey! Those are Audiobahn Paper cone Subs!!!! How good are they?
Do you like em? Any problems? I'm thinking of getting those, so I wanna know.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
it will sound alot better with the sub rear fireing into the trunk.Also I would not advise you to put your amp on your box cause if someone breaks in they just have to grab one thing.

I really think it would look good and clean the way you are doing it but I also think you will get so much more out of it in a rear fire type of install cause your rear deck/tray will vibrate to hel and trust me it is damn near impossable to get rid of.

And to the one looking at those Audiobahns give me a budget and I will 100% garrente I can get you something alot better or find something for you atleast

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah.. i was thinking maybe i will have the sub showing... just when it does the trunk vibrates so much lol . even with some pieces of Dymamat lol

here is what it would look like with the sub...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Your blocking anyways for the bass to move in to the cabin of the car.With that 1 10 it will be allmost non existant

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
ACCORDDUST said:
its a 12 lol
well not dissing on your choice of sub cause the CVR's are great subs but it still will not get loud enough to justify the trouble you are going through like that.If you could get a nice ported box or would be willing to build your own(I will provide a blue-print if needed) it would be alot better.

with the extra weight that you are adding you might as well have it be loud cause if you are going for sound quality type of low end I can also walk you through that w/o even having your sub in.

Good to see someone on here doing some custom audio shit though :tu

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
98civic4door said:
well not dissing on your choice of sub cause the CVR's are great subs but it still will not get loud enough to justify the trouble you are going through like that.If you could get a nice ported box or would be willing to build your own(I will provide a blue-print if needed) it would be alot better.

with the extra weight that you are adding you might as well have it be loud cause if you are going for sound quality type of low end I can also walk you through that w/o even having your sub in.

Good to see someone on here doing some custom audio shit though :tu
Hey 98 could you help me design my install in my 04 accord sedan? I have an Idea I would love your input.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
silveracc said:
Hey 98 could you help me design my install in my 04 accord sedan? I have an Idea I would love your input.
Start another thread and I will help all that I can(dont wanna steal this guys thread ;) )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.