Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually... it's not really a question ABOUT CAI's or how to install them... you'd have to be pretty dense to not grasp either of those things...

The question is: when I got my CAI a while back, the kit came with 2 little aluminum bracket-things. One was short with a 90 degree bend at one end... the other was a little longer and just had some bolt-holes drilled in it.

I can only assume they were for bracing the intake somehow... but I could not, for the life of me figure out HOW or WHERE they were intended to go.

I'm sure someone else out there knows what I'm talking about... so, what are they?! :confused:

That's all.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What brand of intake did you buy?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If you look at your intake, there is probably a place where one side of each bracket mounts to the actual pipe.. Well, place the brackets up to your intake, and find a corresponding place under the hood where the other side will bolt to.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
97CIVICoupe said:
If you look at your intake, there is probably a place where one side of each bracket mounts to the actual pipe.. Well, place the brackets up to your intake, and find a corresponding place under the hood where the other side will bolt to.
Yes, that would be the obvious conclusion... but that's why I've asked the question. There is NO place that either of these peices would attach to the pipe... or any obvious place they would mount in the engine compartment.

Not a big deal. I made a support bracket with a strip of metal and a zip tie back when I installed... but a friend of mine just got a short ram from Pep Boys for his Civic and it has the exact same two pieces of aluminum as I described above. So it piqued my curiousity if they were supposed to be used a certain way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts