Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
It went lean for some reason.
You can say that again. Good lord those valves are white, you must have been running really really lean. I thought you had the MSD digital 6, did you not set the rev limiter feature to prevent hitting fuel cutoff?

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I didn't hit the fuel cutoff I know for sure. I do have the msd digital6 but it works better when it's installed. My [email protected]@ friend talked me into the nitrous run cause he'd never rode in a car with it. I just flat out sprayed way to long man. Probably about 25 seconds. I either spun a rod bearing or melted/cracked a piston ring! I don't really care though the cash for Golden Eagle is deposited into the savings. As soon as I have enough money for the whole timing kit and all the gaskets and misc parts I need. It probably wont be put back together for at least 6 months and then winter will be here. We will just have to see, I have to come up with another 1200 bucks for portflow and I'm not turning the key till everythings right!

·
Registered
603 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
I didn't hit the fuel cutoff I know for sure. I do have the msd digital6 but it works better when it's installed. My [email protected]@ friend talked me into the nitrous run cause he'd never rode in a car with it. I just flat out sprayed way to long man. Probably about 25 seconds. I either spun a rod bearing or melted/cracked a piston ring! I don't really care though the cash for Golden Eagle is deposited into the savings. As soon as I have enough money for the whole timing kit and all the gaskets and misc parts I need. It probably wont be put back together for at least 6 months and then winter will be here. We will just have to see, I have to come up with another 1200 bucks for portflow and I'm not turning the key till everythings right!
That sucks man. Part of the reason i don't let friends tempt me into spraying on the street anymore is because i don't want something like this to happen. I don't know that the Digital 6 would have helped much in a case like this anyways (maybe if the timing was retard an extra degree or two), but 25-30 seconds would make it hot enough to melt stuff for sure. Good luck with the motor build, post pictures as it progresses, i'm interested to see how it goes.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'll post everything for sure man. I'm going 250/260 hp N/A which I think is possible in standalone. I'm going back to spraying but doing a 125 direct port. I think after spending 5 grand to get a beast of a motor will be in my mind when spraying next time!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
I'll post everything for sure man. I'm going 250/260 hp N/A which I think is possible in standalone. I'm going back to spraying but doing a 125 direct port. I think after spending 5 grand to get a beast of a motor will be in my mind when spraying next time!

250-260 fly horsepower is possible, if you mean whp no it is not.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
Hoping for 225-230 to the wheels with aem ems. People get 200 to the wheels with head upgrade I don't see why I couldn't get 250 plus out of a fully built motor!

gl man, youll be one of the first. you dont even have a header such as hytech, an-r either.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts