Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard dozens of opinions on this issue and each has been different. Can it be a daily driver? What are the reliability issues? Would a B16 tranny be a better choice rather than an LS tranny? Please help me clear up some of the rumors.

·
Registered
56 Posts
got one

i have an ls/vtec in my daily driver. i've had it for over a year now and it has been good to me so far. it pulls hard and will pull even harder w/ my new tranny, clutch and flywheel.

oh yeah you may want to get a new ECU because the LS computer has a rev limit of 6900 and it really sucks when you hit it. :mad:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Re: got one

LsVtecR said:
i have an ls/vtec in my daily driver. i've had it for over a year now and it has been good to me so far. it pulls hard and will pull even harder w/ my new tranny, clutch and flywheel.

oh yeah you may want to get a new ECU because the LS computer has a rev limit of 6900 and it really sucks when you hit it. :mad:
My friend has a ls/vtec and it's a daily driver - it's been werking pretty good besides the noc sensor and his ls tranny isn't werkin for him all that good now - he's getting a new tranny / lightenend flywheel / etc etc next month.. should be better.

:)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You don't want to rev it too high. I wouldn't go past 7500.

Do a search here on it. There are tech articles about this popping up again left and right.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Its pretty reliable. My friend has a Cr/Vtec setup and its been going for him for about a year or two already. He redlines at 9k I believe and hes gettin quick. Recently ran a 12.8 on a full interior coupe N/A.

·
Registered
623 Posts
ls/vtec or b20 is reliable if u know what u are doing. also..madtownhonda said using a b16 tranny is better than LS, which is true but b16 eats ur gas up. im running a b16 tranny and im cruising on city streets in 5th gear @ 3000-4000rpm cuz of the gear ratios. if u really want to keep ur car reliable and gas efficient, get a gsr tranny. ur rpm's will be lower, but u won't have the pull of the b16 tranny.

·
Registered
56 Posts
deMad10 said:
You don't want to rev it too high. I wouldn't go past 7500.

Do a search here on it. There are tech articles about this popping up again left and right.
i know what your saying. i really want to get a new ECU but i don't think my bottom end will be able to handle higher rpm. i mean it's still a B18B bottom you know. i might just stick w/ the ecu and just let the tranny solve my problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.