Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what sway bars should i get?

so far i know about Suspension Techniques's sway bars and the eibachs. ive been told not to get the S/T's because they dont use the stock mounting points, and you have to drill new holes. i kind of agree, i dont know if i want to be doing that. BUT they are significantly less than the eibachs. and im not even sure if i remember that eibach makes sway bars for the 4th gens... im gonna check right now. well anyways, what do you guys think? which are the best? which are the best for the money? should i get both or just the rear?

peace

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
I have nuespeed bars , (might have spelt that wrong) , but the problem is ive never been able to get the rear ones , always seems on back-order on some shit...

But i do have the front tower bar on...its sweet since it does hit two points of the chassis per side.

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
Oh BTW , it was the 4g kits they worked like crazy. Im not sure about the 5g , but im sure they adopted it off the 4g so you should be good..

Just never never never never never never , put on any lower sway bars without having both the front and rear.

This would offset your car like a fucking hoe bag of a tit ass.

You would either turn and get nothing , or your rear would be coming out more than jen lopez's.

So make sure to only apply the lower-sways if you have both front and rear....some even only use front or rear only to induce or reduce over or understeer.

Also ps , this is some serious weight additions to your car at least with the nue kit....you pick up the stock shit , then the nue and your like holy fuck , think this is strong enough :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well now i have found tanabe which is $300 for the front sway bar, and i havent found the rear.

so what are you saying mike, do both at the same time? or one at a time? youre like contradicting yourself...

peace

· Registered
814 Posts
wutangben said:
So what sway bars should i get?

so far i know about Suspension Techniques's sway bars and the eibachs. ive been told not to get the S/T's because they dont use the stock mounting points, and you have to drill new holes. i kind of agree, i dont know if i want to be doing that. BUT they are significantly less than the eibachs. and im not even sure if i remember that eibach makes sway bars for the 4th gens... im gonna check right now. well anyways, what do you guys think? which are the best? which are the best for the money? should i get both or just the rear?

peace
eibach :confused: ???? anyways, both the st and the neuspeed bars are 25mm thick. neuspeed used to make a 28mm bar, but discontinued it after multiple reports of the bar tearing away from the car's frame... the st bar has a straighter design (imo a stiffer bar), but neuspeed gives you nice beefy mounting brackets...

where did you hear this info about the st bar??? the bar does use the stock mounting points... the st bars did have a problem with the holes on the bar itself... there were not big enough for the stock endlinks, so the hole had to be drilled out for proper fitment... this problem was fixed a long time ago, it was only the first shipment of the bars that had this problem...

my brother and i installed a rear st bar on a 94 vtec about 5 months ago... perfect fitment, no problems whatsoever...

btw, did you know that the neuspeed bar sells for almost 3x the price of the st bar???

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
wutangben said:
well now i have found tanabe which is $300 for the front sway bar, and i havent found the rear.

so what are you saying mike, do both at the same time? or one at a time? youre like contradicting yourself...

peace
I know right , i think i should re-read some of my posts.....heheh sorry i should have said you shouldnt do one at a time , but some actually do one at a time.....to change the way things go....or to just feel out the car's differences.

But basically whats happening , is one bar is flexing , while the other is not , when it wants the other one to basically not-flex like the aftermarket one....so it would be pushing it. I guess you could say it would be then pushing back at that bar , making it actually complete the turn.... (shitty explanation , but pretty much true)

But im sure it made turn-in better (might of made it worse....heheh im no suspension expert , but im pretty sure your rear is pretty floaty feeling) , and it probably wont hold through the turn as well.....Once you get the rear , it will either be nuetral or understeer when pushed passed normal limits....

· Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: The Ulitmate Sway Bar Thread (experts welcome)

ALTERED4 said:

eibach :confused: ???? anyways, both the st and the neuspeed bars are 25mm thick. neuspeed used to make a 28mm bar, but discontinued it after multiple reports of the bar tearing away from the car's frame... the st bar has a straighter design (imo a stiffer bar), but neuspeed gives you nice beefy mounting brackets...

where did you hear this info about the st bar??? the bar does use the stock mounting points... the st bars did have a problem with the holes on the bar itself... there were not big enough for the stock endlinks, so the hole had to be drilled out for proper fitment... this problem was fixed a long time ago, it was only the first shipment of the bars that had this problem...

my brother and i installed a rear st bar on a 94 vtec about 5 months ago... perfect fitment, no problems whatsoever...

btw, did you know that the neuspeed bar sells for almost 3x the price of the st bar???
well if you read my previous posts, youd see that i posted the price on the neuspeed sway bars, so to answer your question, yes i know theyre 3x's as expensive.
now that i know that i dont need to drill any holes i think i might go with suspension techniques... i found them at options autosalon for $218... i wish i had my damn wholesale hookup there stil....
thanks for the info on the mounting points.

peace

ps, if anyone knows where to get the S/T bars for cheaper than $218, let me know

· Registered
814 Posts
Re: Re: Re: The Ulitmate Sway Bar Thread (experts welcome)

wutangben said:

well if you read my previous posts, youd see that i posted the price on the neuspeed sway bars, so to answer your question, yes i know theyre 3x's as expensive.
if i would have seen it in your previous post, i wouldnt have mentioned it, would i???

i would buy the rear bar for now. it sells for about 120 dollars (you know this, of course)... throw it on you car and see how you like it... by adding the front bar, you are neutralizing your steering... if you can handle the extra oversteer, there is is no reason to buy the front st sway... its a solid bar (unlike the stock sway), and adds weight...

· Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Ulitmate Sway Bar Thread (experts welcome)

ALTERED4 said:

if i would have seen it in your previous post, i wouldnt have mentioned it, would i???

i would buy the rear bar for now. it sells for about 120 dollars (you know this, of course)... throw it on you car and see how you like it... by adding the front bar, you are neutralizing your steering... if you can handle the extra oversteer, there is is no reason to buy the front st sway... its a solid bar (unlike the stock sway), and adds weight...
sorry, i didnt meant to come off as an ass. i think i might go for the set though... $218 for both isnt that bad, and i can always sell the front if i dont like it.

peace

· Registered
124 Posts
I have the ST sway F and R on my 4gen. At first I liked it cause it gave better feel in general, better turn-in, and minimal body roll. Then I started not to like them when I really tried them out on a hard turn. Now it seems like the car understeers even more. And if you let go while understeering the back just swings around like a mofo. However the limits are greater. These are good for regular folk. But if your like me and drive to the limit, I suggest you just get the rear only.

Ps there was no problems with the installation. They are also way heavier than the stock ones.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
preludeparts.com

tanabe rear...its thick:) its the best bar. I advice only getting a rear cause I TRY throwing my car sideways around corners and all it does is plow...go straight and not turn or kick out. FWD sucks:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.